Where to shoot in Cheshire on Wedsnesday?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spr

I am going to Tarpoley in Cheshire tomorrow, any suggestions where I can shoot some sporting or OT on Weds & Thurs ?

Anyone been to Mickley Hall?

I have looked up North Wales and Hodnet - any suggestions please.

S.

You can shoot sporting at Catton Hall, Frodsham on Wednesday. Nice ground.

Not been to Mickley Hall yet, but intend to. I would imagine the targets are good, knowing the guy that runs it.

I can't see him putting a load of sh*te on.

Not sure when it's on but they've got a website. :)

Excellent thank you Chard, It seems really close so I will give it a go. Do you know if they sell cartridges or do I have bring some up?

S.

Think your only chance of shooting OT on a Wednesday (or any day for that matter) anywhere in the vicinity of Cheshire is North Wales Shooting School (NWSS) at Sealand nr. Queensferry, this is not too far from Tarporley.

Tarporley is about equidistant between Catton Hall and Mickley Hall, both have websites and although Mickley is planning to put a trap layout in they are both ccurrently sporting only.

Catton if you want anything to eat, only tea and coffee at Mickley.

Mr Potter

Excellent thank you Chard, It seems really close so I will give it a go. Do you know if they sell cartridges or do I have bring some up?

S.
Not sure which ground you mean spr, both grounds sell carts but not any choice.

Mr Potter

I think you'll need to team up with someone when you get there too.

If I remember correctly, there's no Claymate-style delayed launch facility at Catton (don't know about Mickley but I doubt it there too), so going round on your own would be a bit tricky :.:

I have to put a word in for Cloudside, Congleton. Sporting, ABT, DTL, but have a look at their UT.

Cloudside have superb food & drink, claymate release or tame buttoners,cartridge sales. Open Wednesdays and Saturdays in the Winter (now).

I have to put a word in for Cloudside, Congleton. Sporting, ABT, DTL, but have a look at their UT.
Quite right 40UP I'd completely forgotten about Cloudside and they have trap (if not OT).

Catton is fully switched over to the credit card type Claymate system so you can go round on your own. Very, very friendly place though, if you don't feel confident in asking a stranger or group of strangers if you can go round with them why not ask a daft question of them to start a conversation and I bet within a minute they'll be asking you to join them.

Good luck

Mr Potter

If you have a look on the Mickley Hall site and ring the mob. You will get Scott, if possible he will button for you, him and his Dad (John) run the ground. Eley cartridges on site. 10 stands with some stands running 3 traps so plenty of choice £11 per 50 clays I think. Its my home ground and Scott and John have a good range of targets and some covered stands and normally a good battue or two.

Also Fauxdegla is 25 mins from Tarporley and has skeet, DTL, ABT and sporting plus claymate might be interesting in this weather though!

I would meet up for a shot but unfortunately work commitments at the moment won't allow. Enjoy

Steve

Arrived in sunny Cheshire.

Cloudside is where all it all began for me. I was taken along to a try shoot in December and was immediately hooked. It does have an amazing view over the Cheshire hills. It a shame that most of the grounds are only open on Weds.

I think I will try Catton tomorrow as It seems to be their only practice day and it looks very close, then hopefully Mickley on Thursday if it is open.

Looking forward to the next two days, hope to meet some of you soon.

Thank you all very much for your help.

Simon

ooh ASE gold ............... propper gun. :)

Latest posts

Back