What has happened to customer service?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hotshot100

What on earth has happened to good old customer service? You know the sort where the customer is one of the people that keep you in a job so you do everything you can to help them.

Two 'incidents' yesterday. The first involved GMK. My local gun shop phoned them to ask what the availability was on a 28" barrel for my Beretta A 400 Excel. Six months was the reply, O.K. we'll think about it and let you know within the next six months was my reply. Oh no says the guy at GMK you've got to order it now to get it in six months time!!!!

Next call was to Browning to ask if 28" barrels were available for my Ultra XS Prestige. The reply. 'it is not economically viable to import them'. What would my reply have been to the same question?

We do not import them on a regular basis as we feel that it is not economically viable. However if your customer is prepared to pay the price we will enquire as to availability and cost.

Only a slight difference in wording but in my opinion one shows a total lack of interest whereas the other shows a wish to satisfy a customers requirements.

Buy a Perazzi....

Just got my broken trigger back from Italy .......with a new one fitted....!! There is a God ....!!

Buy a Perazzi....

Just got my broken trigger back from Italy .......with a new one fitted....!! There is a God ....!!
I've got a Perazzi Nicola. Lovely gun but I get on better with my Brownings. Just saying!! :haha: :haha:

Buy a Perazzi....

Or a Krieghoff. On the very rare occasion they go wrong the back up service is excellent. You get what you pay for.

Seems to me that the customer service difficulties could be easily solved with a proper dress code for gun shops.  

Staff and customers alike

JMO of course

Charlie

Last edited by a moderator:
Buy a Perazzi....
But Nic such a prob would never have arisen if you still used your old mirkies dear! True story....!

But Nic such a prob would never have arisen if you still used your old mirkies dear! True story....!
It did not....!!

It was not mine as I stated in previous post....it was hubby's gun ....which before his ...was John Tennyson's gun.....so loads of mileage....and it was a freak fracture.

All mine behave themselves.....and ......I still ave my murkiest and Brownings.....it is just that the Perazzi is sooooooooooo much better......!

True story..!!

That is not a True story!

They are not sooooooooooooooooo much better than a Miroku.

You may think they are because they at this moment in time suit you.

But eventually you will return to Miroku and realise " What have I been missing? " and the little Gollum voice from Shropshire in your head will say " Clays"

It did not....!!

It was not mine as I stated in previous post....it was hubby's gun ....which before his ...was John Tennyson's gun.....so loads of mileage....and it was a freak fracture.

All mine behave themselves.....and ......I still ave my murkiest and Brownings.....it is just that the Perazzi is sooooooooooo much better......!

True story..!!
Nicola, your guns wouldn't dare to misbehave!! :haha: :nyam:

That is not a True story!

They are not sooooooooooooooooo much better than a Miroku.

You may think they are because they at this moment in time suit you.

But eventually you will return to Miroku and realise " What have I been missing? " and the little Gollum voice from Shropshire in your head will say " Clays"
Er.........nope.......to all the above....!

Sorry..... :laugh:

Perazzi rocks.....true story...!!

Emmsy said:
alan rhone / krieghoff

you will struggle to find better customer service than these guys, as nicola would say....true story :)
True story indeed ..I made an online enquiry from the website last night ( Sunday) at 6:30pm expecting a response at some stage today, and it was personally responded too within 5 minutes ! That is above and beyond expectations.

That is brilliant Kent Skeet.

Just like talking to Mauro on Facebook when you have a question.

I just love email or social media.......it rocks..!!

It did not....!!

True story..!!
Sorry Nic, forgot about hubby's gun!

True story indeed ..I made an online enquiry from the website last night ( Sunday) at 6:30pm expecting a response at some stage today, and it was personally responded too within 5 minutes ! That is above and beyond expectations.
I had the same sort of thing with Alan Rhone, he is really on the ball. I do however have issues with how things work with his outfit as regards spares/servicing. Basically, as far as I'm aware, he will not sell spares for the guns to a non Kreighoff gunsmith or to the public. It seems that just about everything has to go through Kreighoff UK, I find this sort of protectionist thing impossible to come to terms with to be blunt about it.

Buy a Perazzi....

If it was a decent gun Nic the trigger wouldnt break in the first place True story, just saying, Trappistas do it standing up!  Fiocchistas do it going backwards cos of the recoil!!

Latest posts

Back