What did you do today that’s shooting related?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ips.

Primers, gas seal cards fiber wads. powder about a 110 pounds if you buy in bulk and inport from Italy and your make your own shot per a 1000 rounds in 24 gr secondhand cases all good for young un and me.

After a second shot maker if any one knows someone selling around Somerset.

Regards: Chris

A few weeks ago I was given a rusty old junior air rifle which I was really pleased with because it was the same that I bought for my son when he was 8, he is now 49 so a long time ago. The gun in question was a Diana Model 16 so not a sought after item but to me it was simple, I wanted it restoring just as a keep sake. I contacted my friend up in County Durham area as I knew he would do a good job.

Long story short, we met up today for a bit of shooting and he brought the little gun with him. I managed to buy replacement seals and main spring but they didn't quite fit so another friend up there got involved to sort the problem...............................the outcome is a stunning little gun that puts a huge smile on my face because I can remember the hundreds of hours that my young son spent in the cellar of the house on our little range shooting at empty 12 gauge shells hanging on fishing line. One point if you hit the cartridge and three points if you can hit it while still swinging. I am sure you get the picture, happy days.

Here is the rifle before and after the resto job with grateful thanks to my friends.

And now

Phil

What a lovely job. I also have one of those sat in a cupboard at home, which I used as a child in the 70’s. 

Thanks guys, I think my friend did a lovely job and I know I would not have done anything like as good a restoration as he has done 😊

The photos do not show the stock off to how it really looks when the sun catches it but this one is a little better. Who would have thought a cheap little rifle like this wouldd have such a nice bit of timber hidden away.

Phil

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: ips
I started shooting with a .177 Mod 22 Diana and still have one in the house. 

I started with a Harrington Gat, useless as a airgun but ok as a Spud gun.

Moved onto Webley junior then Webley Vulcan. Not kept any of them sadly.

Done nothing today apart from looking at cartridge/range bags online.

I started with a Harrington Gat, useless as a airgun but ok as a Spud gun.

Moved onto Webley junior then Webley Vulcan. Not kept any of them sadly.

Done nothing today apart from looking at cartridge/range bags online.
I started on a gat then my big bro bought me a relum telly, still got it after 44 years

Funnily enough the chap who gave me this rifle also gave me a GAT  pistol which, like you, was my first entry into shooting, odd it may be but I am having the pistol fettled as the trigger takes two fingers to pull it and I want it right even though it will only be used for family fun. Strange how things go round and round, after being a shotgun man for 50+ years and not owning an airgun of any sort, I returned to my childhood interest in air rifles about 7 years ago when I retired and my god how things have changed with my current fac rifle cost approx £1700 + £300 scope + £400 NiteSite NV...............................mind you what a gun, I shoot a lot of rabbits, crows and pigeon with it and a .25 pellet at nearly 50fpe does have some adverse effect on the bunny population.

Phil

Reactions: ips
Phil

My refurbished Relum at the bottom

I have always had air rifles and even got beretta 92 pistol. I go years without shooting them and then one day my interest returns. Currently got the relum, BSA lightning, AA 400 classic and the pistol. 

What you got ?

Yesterday i shot me some pigeon. With winchester pump and home load 28g 6s.

IMG_20190406_123811.jpg

IMG_20190406_121914.jpg

54217257_298020534209932_6956879646856052736_o.jpg

Nice one Ian.

I had a bit of a clear out as I had a few too many guns so now down to my FX Impact .25fac, Weihrauch HW110K .22 sub 12 and the little Diana Model 16 shown earlier, oh and the Gat although I do confess I fancy an HW57 under lever springer just for a bit of hunting but more for target. I was doing Bell Target Shooting (which will feature at the Northern Shooting Show) but my cataract prevents me from doing any of that but I may go back to it if more venues nearer to my home are found.

FX Impact

HW110k

Phil

I like the HW 👍

We will have to catch up at northern shooting show

Well he was happy enough.  

Weeks of sneering at an empty mail box now. 
1) Get onto the GunTrader website until your eyes go square 2) visit every decent gun room in  50 Mile radius of home 3) get to a shooting school and have a lesson every two weeks to fill in the time until the great day 4) go out and buy loads of accessories like cleaning rods , oil , etc . 5) join CPSA or BASC so your insurance is in place 6) Get Back onGun Trader .

There you are , the wait won’t feel half as long 😁

I think you should stare at the empty cabinet, wondering what to fill it with!!!!!!
Well currently it’s home my old BSA Meteor (from when I were a lad) but I wouldn’t be at all surprised if a spanky new 690 black edition moves in soon to keep it company.. 👍🏻 

1) Get onto the GunTrader website until your eyes go square 2) visit every decent gun room in  50 Mile radius of home 3) get to a shooting school and have a lesson every two weeks to fill in the time until the great day 4) go out and buy loads of accessories like cleaning rods , oil , etc . 5) join CPSA or BASC so your insurance is in place 6) Get Back onGun Trader .

There you are , the wait won’t feel half as long 😁
Hahaha yes good plan! Tbh Ive been a CPSA member for over a year now but because I knew I would be moving house I put off my application until now.. I’m all researched out now and the gun shop owner’s probably sick of me, I just want me bit of paper now so I can get stuck in! 😁

As for accessories I have a good idea of what I want but figured if I wait until the day of ‘the deal’ I might be able to get stuff thrown in, or at least discounted? If not then f*** him I’ll go somewhere else 😂 

Well currently it’s home my old BSA Meteor (from when I were a lad) but I wouldn’t be at all surprised if a spanky new 690 black edition moves in soon to keep it company.. 👍🏻 

Hahaha yes good plan! Tbh Ive been a CPSA member for over a year now but because I knew I would be moving house I put off my application until now.. I’m all researched out now and the gun shop owner’s probably sick of me, I just want me bit of paper now so I can get stuck in! 😁

As for accessories I have a good idea of what I want but figured if I wait until the day of ‘the deal’ I might be able to get stuff thrown in, or at least discounted? If not then f*** him I’ll go somewhere else 😂 
The 690 might be the 1st but I bet you will look at more o/u's and consider a trap gun as well as a skeet gun, a semi auto, SxS and a pump as well to make sure you have all the bases covered. 

Then you might think about a game gun and maybe a lighter walk up gun.

Your very very long road is about to start.................

The 690 might be the 1st but I bet you will look at more o/u's and consider a trap gun as well as a skeet gun, a semi auto, SxS and a pump as well to make sure you have all the bases covered. 

Then you might think about a game gun and maybe a lighter walk up gun.

Your very very long road is about to start.................
Stop it 😠

I will buy one gun, look after it and make it last, like a good boy 😇 

😳

380 mile round trip today , starting out at silly -o- clock in the morning . Came home  with this 2017   MK60 20 gauge . Feels lighter than it is , and is carry - able . It’s a lovely thing , pointable , but heavy enough not to be whippy . It’s probably a 9.5 / 10  on a box fresh condition  and still tight like a new gun so it hasn’t seen a lot of use . 

F7DEEA77-98C8-40FE-ABBE-126ADABD17AB.jpeg

94DB7AF4-C79D-458D-BAA9-E0FFC9248235.jpeg

Latest posts

Back