What did you do today that’s shooting related?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went to Hodnet to have a look at the new Browning Ultra XS. Decided to buy one, lovely fitting gun at 30" inc barrel's. A lot of gun for your Money. Love it.

I did this. Ordered brown tint, then used the voucher for the yellow tint version. Specsavers call it Ultradrive I think..
Good idea Will, I bought clear glasses. Are you saying that you use yellow UltraDrive lenses for 80% of your shooting? 

Good idea Will, I bought clear glasses. Are you saying that you use yellow UltraDrive lenses for 80% of your shooting? 
Yes. Before prescription glasses, I used the Pilla max orange 40 which was very similar actually in terms of of overall usefulness 

Today I got a mate to help me build a pattern plate.

Now I can start testing 28 bore cartridges and chokes.

I take it she’s  a good shot then 😈

Last edited by a moderator:
Got up early and made  500 20 bore cartridges with 24gr of number 6 shot after making the shot yesterday.

Out on the crows around the farm later on, what more can you ask for afternoon fun with the grandson

Reactions: ips
Well I actually did it, I turned up at the opticians and asked to see a sample UltraDrive lense, tried it in the high street and found it quite pleasant so I went for it with my 50% off voucher, now I should end up with a pair of tinted prescription shooting glasses for around £60

The UltraDrive colour is a gentle brown/yellow, not as dark as sun glasses. Obviously they can be used for driving too, but not at night. The sales chap said that the colour tint was designed to increase contrast which is just what we need, now I can't wait to get my hands on them in a week's time.

The normal UltraDrive lens price is glasses + £30

Last edited by a moderator:
Got up early and made  500 20 bore cartridges with 24gr of number 6 shot after making the shot yesterday.

Out on the crows around the farm later on, what more can you ask for afternoon fun with the grandson
Big savings if you drip your own shot i believe 👍

Back