what class would I have been in

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evoracer

Never joined the CPSA to date 

But shot a registered shoot birds only on sunday me personally being un-registered birds only was the only option!

But say a few weeks ago I joined the CPSA and shot the registered what class would I have been in 

C or Unregistered please Don't say C!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
You would be unclassified and therefore classed on the day, you will only get a class at the end of the cut off for the current period, so end of May.

You would be unclassified and therefore classed on the day, you will only get a class at the end of the cut off for the current period, so end of May.
Cheers for the reply 

I hit a 77 

scores are http://www.clayandcountry.com/results.htm 

Someone rang me today and said if i'd of bothered to join I'd of won but to be honest I was happy with the 77 could have easily been an 83 if i weren't a tw*t!!!

You can apply for a temporary class once you've shot 300 registered targets, not wait until the next classification issue.  Contact the CPSA.

Never joined the CPSA to date 

But shot a registered shoot birds only on sunday me personally being un-registered birds only was the only option!

But say a few weeks ago I joined the CPSA and shot the registered what class would I have been in 

C or Unregistered please Don't say C!!!!!
If it was before the end of April  you would be in class 'A' for issue 46 starting 1st June.

Issue 26.......??

I think you mean 46 :wink:

If it was before the end of April  you would be in class 'A' for issue 26 starting 1st June.
And that is what is such a crazy joke about the averages - 77 is NOT a realistic "A" class score you do not stand a cat in hells chance of winning anything with a score like that at a standard registered sporting shoot let alone a "championship" in 99% of cases.

At the recent EO at Southdown you would have needed 87 = 3rd, 88 = 2nd, 89 = 1st in "A" class - your 77 could have got you a 2nd in C class IF  you had shot the same score round that course!!!!!!

I always compare the skeet as that is my chosen discipline:-

CPSA - 95.5% sees you into AA

NSSA - 95.5% would put you into B class in the 12 gauge

Yes.. But class is a band of ability. You can't judge scores by what is required to win that class because all lower class winning scores are set by folks about to move up. It is normal to win B class with a score that is middle of the A class band of course.

Latest posts

Back