Weston wood

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hiwas also at weston . was good shoot . did the pond and the midi with oncomer  as last 2 stands . lost 10 birds here over the 2 stands , and they prob werent that tricky./wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-frown.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-frown.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-frown.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-frown.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-frown.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-frown.gif. wont be doing any of steves shoots again as think £37 /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-frown.gif is taking the p a bit . have enjoyed the shoots i have been too at all steve's grounds , and yes i know he tries hard for the shooters but thats it for me. just my honest opinion.jasper

Tbh Jasper I would rather pay 37 at one of steves than 35 for 120 at hornet, far less no-birds and trap breakdowns and I am never sure what I am going to get at hornet last 2 before today were good shoots but today was a bit of a funny one, and no I didnt shoot any worse than previous times at hornet so I am not on a downer with it /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-smile.gif  Just my opinion /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-cool.gif

hiyou pays your money , you makes your  choice. I like steves shoots , grounds etc as stated many times before. i have good and bad days at steves shoots,(and many others for that matter) but this is too much for me now, and i am sad about it . I dont shoot that often at steves shoots so he probably wont miss the money we threw his way today. ho hum. I dont earn mega money so have got to look around for the most shooting for my dollar. maybe i'm in the wrong game.  jasper  

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Jasper, out of interest where do you usually shoot and how much are they charging? hang on I'll start another thread rather than totally derail this one/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif

Good to meet everyone today. Preferred WW to Hornet but I would go back to HornetA 1 & a 2 messed up my card but I was pleased to straight the pond and had a good finish - I think I only dropped 2/3 on the last 3 stands. 62/100, but learned a few things so on reflection some good things should come from itWell done Bob for picking up some cashEd, superb score sir!

Good to see everyone today - a real 'shootclay' event!  Some great shooting, especially Ed on 96 but scores below are nothing to be ashamed of! Many of you are on our Email list to receive scores, fixtures, news and updates - if you aren't and want to receive the email then email Ally and she will add you on: [email protected]   The results show everyone's scores, their positions and the prize fund breakdown.  Very interesting reading......  The categories are also shown for interest. We paid out £1220 in prize money today - including the Pool and Power Shoot Challenge (£50).  It cropped up today that a few people didn't realise we paid out a separate £50 to the top B or C class shooter on the Pool.  So to clarify, on the basis that many many B/C class shooters have a go on the pool but rarely win, a year ago we set £50 of the winnings aside.  This way more people have shot it during the day and overall the prize fund has grown - win:win for all.    Also on the pool shoot we do 12 birds, if you straight it you keep on going with simo pairs until you miss, max of 20. Scores today:AA1 Ed Solomans 96AA2 Chris Childerhouse 94AA3 Steve Cox, Phil Rowbottom, Alex Cobb on 91A1 Steve Scott Smith 89=A2 Kevin Childs, Nick (?) Carter 86B1 Chris Bubb 84B2 Ian Seabright 82B3 Mike Pepperd 79C1 H Mitchell 80=C2 Bob Pearson, AJ Robbins 73 Pool Shoot:Tim Thornett and James Hand jnt overall winners on 17 B/C Class winners H Mitchell, Derry Evans and Mike Pepperd Junior: Nathan BatchelorLady: Helen WestonVeteran: Fred Townsend Power Shoot Challenge results:1: Steve Scott Smith 253 (A-89) - winner £502: Ed Solomans 252 (AA-96)3: Chris Bubb 250 (B-84)4: Steve Cox 242 (AA-91)5: H Mitchell 240 (C-80) Shame we won't be back at Weston Wood until 29th Jan but hope to see you then?!We are at Westfield SG this Sunday - 11th Dec.  Entries 10am to 2pm.  It only takes 35mins to get from Weston Wood to Westfield by the A34/A40......!!) £150 1st each class, cash in classes, prizes in categories, power shoot challenge and the pool shoot!  Plenty for everyone... Steve /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif

JasperIts not about how much you pay its about the value you get, and I have to say I have been to all three grounds that steve operates and I have never felt I didnt get value for  the money  I paid out regardless of whether I have shot well or not.I can shoot for less at other grounds E J Churchills being an example £30 for your 100 registered but I dont get the same feeling of welcome the same commitment to providing a bloody good set of targets and of course some good fluffy rabbits with the owner, his scorers, and  the rest of his team. Any problems steve is always available to listen you may not get the answer you want but he will listen!!!I shoot churchills or other such grounds and its very impersonal no real commitment to the shooter its cheap I will grant you that but enjoyable?? Perhaps I shoot for reasons other than how much I pay for a round but I do know value for money when i get itEvidence of that is quite clearly how many shooters patronise steve lovatts shoots on a regular basis you dont get popular by just being relatively expensive you get popular because the product is bloody good !!Just  my opinion

OK – free advertising - I'd have to make some money for that to be worth me doing. Problem solved, thanks Tony.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have always had difficulty fathoming out how a hobby forum can make money! Yes it's true that some of the very first on the scene, particularly in the USA, who attract membership in the hundreds of thousands can perhaps charge for advertising but is the market really big enough in the UK? Don't wear hats if I can avoid it so for me it's a no no purely for that reason, I would wear (and pay for) a classy small badge on my shooting jacket though as it's a nice way of letting others know you're a forum member and make new friends./wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-smile.gif

I'm not going to be making anything in the near future (except some specific items for people that have really helped the site) - too much risk given that everyone wants something different (a shirt, a badge, a hat, ShootClay boxer shorts), not worth that risk for me.@Hamster - there are still opportunities to make money out of a site like this, ShootClay is much more than the forum.  The forum will possibly never make money, but this is about a community than a profit line.Currently - I run the site out of my pocket - but my costs are covered at the moment.

Jasper, It was only 32 for BO which given the facilities and targets I feel it's great value. I have paid more than that for a registered skeet comp where they only need to fill 2 traps per layout and only need 1 referee per layout.. you do the maths and think about the number of traps they need, the number of scorers, ground staff to maintain stands, refill traps, fix breakdowns etc.  Then you have the grounds rent, power, admin staff the list is endless. EVERY stand was scored by staff and used a master score card, you only have to look at the top shooters that attended and IMO that is a credit to the team at the ground. Cheers, Jon.

jon skeeti hear what you say ,but other grounds have the same or maybe higher costs. shuggy at 32 quid for comp has all the same over heads. any how , as stated on the other thread i like steves shoots , gounds refs etc etc. its just getting a bit rich for me personally thats all.jasper

Any kind of shooting is bloomin expensive nowadays.Shuggy & Doveridge are both local to me and to be fair both put on good shoots.I think value for money and also factoring in fuel costs, food, drinks, carts etc all add up.So its once in a blue moon for me now /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-cry.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-cry.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-cry.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-cry.gif

Latest posts

Back