WESTFIELDS 01/04/2013

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clynt

refreshing to see clays flying, and at distances, which suits what sporting guns were made for..... both chipper and I were suffering from the Beverly Blues, found myself watching the gun and not the targets on the first three stds ( left out of the 4x4 car park) resulting in being 8 down while chipper was on it from the get go 7 infront when we left the rabbit. good midi off the tower, longish pink quartering away, and the pair at the bottom of the field seemed to suit me slightly better than chipper . we guessed scores would be low because it was cold and getting windy.so time to dig in,chipper threw a wobbly on the std left of the gamebore layout and we went to the last std all level,like a twot I over shot the crosser TWICE which cost me the bounty. but enjoyed the targets 

think HG was 91 wish this was the England selection shoot >>>>>>> 5 behind here and 18 behind up there .....think most people I spoke to enjoyed it , class scores where they should be and to be very honest where all grounds should be setting their sights. 

job well done Mr Love-me

Yes it was flipping cold. It seems Westfield has its own private stock of snow on the ground and extra freezing wind!

As you say Clynt, this was as many long targets at one shoot as I have seen in a while; not a bad thing. I shot two stands like a complete twonk, missing the target in the same place every time. Maybe the cold froze my brain. The r-l from the tower which I must have been behind. Too tied up thinking midi. Then never touched the high looper near the clubhouse and missed the easy first bird twice too. So that was 10 away in two stands. Pathetic effort.. Crashed down to Earth with a 79, but it wasn't an easy affair.

I though maybe a 93 for somebody who was wide-awake.. A should be an 86?

Once again Westfield leveller. I dropped 5 on the last 2 stands for me behind the clubhouse to finish on 85. Well done to Charlie Gilder, he shot his socks off at Longridge & Westfield. well done to him.

Clynt did remind me he was in shorts this time last year and I was Tench fishing. In the afternoon at Westfield the wind was savage. Targets all over the place.

Very pleased to straight the two pinkies at the top of the valley after Clynt showed the way with his FOB exocets.

Good to see a lot of the Forum lads out and about even with it so cold.

Glad to see you enjoyed it Clynt after your trek yesterday.

Thought it was a good shoot all round today,the two stands that done me were 13 the driven cannot hit driven 4 away,and 14 couldn't find that midi battue at all and even let one of the one from over the left shoulder get away 5 on that stand,9 away on two stands. 

Finished  on 73 so happy as it keeps me on track for B class. :)

Once again Westfield leveller. I dropped 5 on the last 2 stands for me behind the clubhouse to finish on 85. Well done to Charlie Gilder, he shot his socks off at Longridge & Westfield. well done to him.Clynt did remind me he was in shorts this time last year and I was Tench fishing. In the afternoon at Westfield the wind was savage. Targets all over the place.Very pleased to straight the two pinkies at the top of the valley after Clynt showed the way with his FOB exocets.Good to see a lot of the Forum lads out and about even with it so cold.
Very good score today. Nice job Stew! Enough to win A?

Nicked this from the clashing thread.

28boreshot:

Well popped too Westfield this morning, met Martin (tiptop) there and will joined us too... (cleverSC3) after a tea it was out too a bloody cold wind again and one off steves set ups where you look at a stand and want to go back in a sit by log burner!!!! In all honestly it was a great set up today steve good job mate..safe too say that it was there but stiff and made ya think if you didnt you lost two or three so easy...

I totally forgot where I was on stand 7 a sim pair over led all but 2 so that was 6 away on that stand..but kicked my self or tried and a few straights here and there and I ended on 76. Happy but more out there I thought...

Great company today with martin lord sandy tipper shot very well too, and mr sir will hot shot cleverSC3 .

You shot well Mark. The last stand (stand 1?) you were smooth as silk, for a 10.

Like me, 1 or two stands stuffed a reasonable card!

Very good score today. Nice job Stew! Enough to win A?
No Will, Charlie should do it. High 80's for him I think.

Testing layout Will. I was just chuffed that I straightened the 2 pinkies after following Clynt's destruction of the stand from the platform.

I must say Clynt, those shells pattern well, and that's coming from an Eley Olympics man. Awesome shell with more brass than an old pub in the Forest of Deane.

You shot well Mark. The last stand (stand 1?) you were smooth as silk, for a 10.
Like me, 1 or two stands stuffed a reasonable card!
Thanks for moving that will, yep a couple of stands where it beat me but enjoyed it very much and will be back too get the better off that lovet bloke !!!! Ha ha....like you said will stiff course but if someone was on it there was a good score out there.

No Will, Charlie should do it. High 80's for him I think.

Testing layout Will. I was just chuffed that I straightened the 2 pinkies after following Clynt's destruction of the stand from the platform.

I must say Clynt, those shells pattern well, and that's coming from an Eley Olympics man. Awesome shell with more brass than an old pub in the Forest of Deane.
I don't know Charlie Gilder (probably recognise him), but looking at his previous scores, then how he shot twice today, he needs to keep a careful note of what he had for breakfast and which pair of underpants he had on!

hi everyone nice to be out in short sleeves for a change ? what you mean NO i sometimes think westfield has a climate of its own and today it proved it , but at least the ground was dry

heres the results for today ( cant be arsed to put in results section need a bath quick)

ho and mr warren where that name come from ????/

aa1 p smith  91

aa2 m myers 90

aa2 s rudling 90

aa2 c childerhouse 90

a1 t haskins 88

a2 c gilder  87

a3 i reid  86

b1 c avery 80

b2 j freeman 78

b3 s pinchin 76

b3 p willis 76

b3 m honour 76

b3 j french  76

b3 k charlton 76

c1 e nelson 83

c2 p davies 76

c3 d thompson 73

c3 m tipper  73

white gold

gold m myers

silver r butler

thanks to everyone who shot , and scorers and trap fillers ho thats me then sorry

see you all soon steve :girlcrazy: :girlcrazy: :girlcrazy: :girlcrazy:

hi everyone nice to be out in short sleeves for a change ? what you mean NO i sometimes think westfield has a climate of its own and today it proved it , but at least the ground was dry

heres the results for today ( cant be arsed to put in results section need a bath quick)

aa1 p smith  91

aa2 m myers 90

aa2 s rudling 90

aa2 c childerhouse 90

a1 t haskins 88

a2 c gilder  87

a3 i reid  86

b1 c avery 80

b2 j freeman 78

b3 s pinchin 76

b3 p willis 76

b3 m honour 76

b3 j french  76

b3 k charlton 76

c1 e nelson 83

c2 p davies 76

c3 d thompson 73

c3 m tipper  73

white gold

gold m myers

silver r butler

thanks to everyone who shot , and scorers and trap fillers ho thats me then sorry

Quick results Steve, well done and quality shoot. No suncream yet though!

Didn't shoot a great score today but had prob one of the most enjoyable layouts I've ever shot at Westfield. Really nice to see a gap at the end of the gun even if it was the wrong size in some cases, had fun on the white gold as well, random targets keep you on ur toes

aa1 p smith  91
aa2 m myers 90
aa2 s rudling 90
aa2 c childerhouse 90

a1 t haskins 88
a2 c gilder  87
a3 i reid  86

b1 c avery 80
b2 j freeman 78
b3 s pinchin 76
b3 p willis 76
b3 m honour 76
b3 j french  76
b3 k charlton 76

c1 e nelson 83
c2 p davies 76
c3 d thompson 73
c3 m tipper  73

white gold

gold m myers
silver r butler

I shot 76 !! Even added card with alison as she added wrong.

refreshing to see clays flying, and at distances, which suits what sporting guns were made for..... both chipper and I were suffering from the Beverly Blues, found myself watching the gun and not the targets on the first three stds ( left out of the 4x4 car park) resulting in being 8 down while chipper was on it from the get go 7 infront when we left the rabbit. good midi off the tower, longish pink quartering away, and the pair at the bottom of the field seemed to suit me slightly better than chipper . we guessed scores would be low because it was cold and getting windy.so time to dig in,chipper threw a wobbly on the std left of the gamebore layout and we went to the last std all level,like a twot I over shot the crosser TWICE which cost me the bounty. but enjoyed the targets 

think HG was 91 wish this was the England selection shoot >>>>>>> 5 behind here and 18 behind up there .....think most people I spoke to enjoyed it , class scores where they should be and to be very honest where all grounds should be setting their sights. 

job well done Mr Love-me

well Dr Clinto I agree with you statement, really enjoyed the shoot after the c**p this weekend :crazy:   came to last 2 stands for 92 and fell apart like a cheap watch with 88 :fie:  still nice to win 3 bounties this weekend, I bet Dr Clint wishes he hadn't told me to shorten my stock :hunter:  the gun feels right now cheers mate :girlcrazy:   

well Dr Clinto I agree with you statement, really enjoyed the shoot after the c**p this weekend :crazy:   came to last 2 stands for 92 and fell apart like a cheap watch with 88 :fie:  still nice to win 3 bounties this weekend, I bet Dr Clint wishes he hadn't told me to shorten my stock :hunter:  the gun feels right now cheers mate :girlcrazy:   
might just want a ounce or two in the stock now .....but do it with two used shells in the chamber filled with lead and packed with paper to match the weight of two live rounds !!! barrels should be just a touch front heavy may stop you shooting infront of the odd 5 or 6 which cost you HG today ..... good effort though m8 bill will be in the post  :sarcastic:    

Back