Windrush 1-06-2013

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clynt

another good set of targets, personally thought it was a little softer than of late.. lost 2 f**ki bounties today, one on the windy white gold with chipper, and then on the shoot, mind that K80 shooting Berkely boy did have a bit of luck where I dropped 5 the wind gods must like him ....We were close with the last std to go chipper carding a 92 which I thought would have been good enough in that weather, I went there for 90 but there was little to gain prize wise !! so the last pair I tried a new method, resulting in missing the close bird with both barrels ,,,,,,,,Jonh wayne if you know what I mean.

sat and watched the white gold and even spent another £10 but I am not a dingly dangly fan ? and for me birds lacking power on a windy day really, makes it a little  un-fair, plenty of shooters having ago, sun shinning,makes a nice change, all in all a nice day out and 1/2 hour from home 

Doubt if you will see a better set of targets for £30 ??? which is cheaper than many grounds for a 100 practise.

Better mention some of the birds, nice combination of a r/l rabbit followed by a white flattish looper which req a big gap! a few sneaky sets of targets well below your feet in the old railway line, pink flattish teal,and a climbing midi.(left 5 unarmed here ) nice tall looper l/r 1/4ing fast climber. Back into the main field very very good r/l battue nice stiff l/r crosser and a few card fillers if the the weather man liked you.

prettiest ground in our county well worth a visit 

another good set of targets, personally thought it was a little softer than of late.. lost 2 f**ki bounties today, one on the windy white gold with chipper, and then on the shoot, mind that K80 shooting Berkely boy did have a bit of luck where I dropped 5 the wind gods must like him ....We were close with the last std to go chipper carding a 92 which I thought would have been good enough in that weather, I went there for 90 but there was little to gain prize wise !! so the last pair I tried a new method, resulting in missing the close bird with both barrels ,,,,,,,,Jonh wayne if you know what I mean.

sat and watched the white gold and even spent another £10 but I am not a dingly dangly fan ? and for me birds lacking power on a windy day really, makes it a little un-fair, plenty of shooters having ago, sun shinning,makes a nice change, all in all a nice day out and 1/2 hour from home

Doubt if you will see a better set of targets for £30 ??? which is cheaper than many grounds for a 100 practise.

Better mention some of the birds, nice combination of a r/l rabbit followed by a white flattish looper which req a big gap! a few sneaky sets of targets well below your feet in the old railway line, pink flattish teal,and a climbing midi.(left 5 unarmed here ) nice tall looper l/r 1/4ing fast climber. Back into the main field very very good r/l battue nice stiff l/r crosser and a few card fillers if the the weather man liked you.

Good statement of the shoot there Clinto, 88 still good score around that course

Sunshine, good targets, good company ,fun day.

Finished on 85 missed 5 sitters but pleased anyway. Well shot chipper, thought 92 would coast in ,but Chis Durant’s 94 was a bit special .

I must sound like a Steve Lovatt’s PR firm,Great shoot he’s certainly getting the hang of it!!!

Have to agree with you there

Met up with tiptop and Jason good company to shoot round with and  thoroughly enjoyed the targets shot  the field ok up to the battues had a little wobble and didn't give the second a big enough gap ,ref said after I had shot I was consistent, consistently behind it :laugh:  wobble carried on to the rabbit and the white flash 2/10 but made a little recovery shot cut ok finished on 61 left a few  there so report will say must do better all in all a good course well done Steve and crew for another enjoyable shoot with something to test everyone and some clever use of the terrain to trick you and make you think how to shoot the targets and work a little for your score !   :eek:k:

Thanks all for a good day

We set these sat shoots up on the basis of doing 30 entries it has built up nicely over the 12 months or so to between 50 and 80 entries , today we had 65 , so all good and as long as we keep being supported like we are , the entry fee will always remain at £30 so thanks to you all .

Gary thanks for your pr bit and yes I think I'm getting it right , you seem to have found a consistent average at the moment . .

Lets hope the sun keeps shining for a bit now

Don't know why but sat shoots seem a lot more laid back and fun than the serious Sunday's !!!!!

Cheers steve

Well the ground is in Gods County!, reads like another good shoot, nice one Mr L, fair play to run these Saturday shoots and for £30, like other posts we pay more ham that for practice locally.

Chipper back for the bounties, were you in a secret training camp these last few days?

Chris Durrant has hit some top form having also won the Warwickshire championship last week ( also a MrL course)

Well the ground is in Gods County!, reads like another good shoot, nice one Mr L, fair play to run these Saturday shoots and for £30, like other posts we pay more ham that for practice locally.

Chipper back for the bounties, were you in a secret training camp these last few days?

Chris Durrant has hit some top form having also won the Warwickshire championship last week ( also a MrL course)
Had some Turkish trainning Rich ., good shoot today bit of everything did u shoot ? £30 entry & enjoyable result well done mr Steve ☺

Had some Turkish trainning Rich ., good shoot today bit of everything did u shoot ? £30 entry & enjoyable result well done mr Steve ☺
Oh some Turkish Delights!

Unfortunately did not go, was too late getting back from Basildon, Saturday work 1 in 3 weeks at mo :-(( Shame really as it reads a pleasant afternoon, will really make an effort for the next Saturday bash there.

Back