Westfield Sporting Weds 28th Dec

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Lovatt

Following the great news, it's back to reality! Westfield SG - 100 Reg Sporting next Weds 28th Dec Entries 10am to 2pm £150 1st each class, cash down the ranks and Ldy, Jnr, Vets  Pool Shoot Log Fire if it's cold, great food, lovely club house, FANTASTIC targets..... Hope you can come!

Shot this today. Drove through rain but it was lovely at the ground, apart from a cutting wind in the exposed areas. I think Matt, who shot with me, will do a review, so I will just say that it was an impressive shoot, on lovely land. It seems to have been a touch easier than Westfield was a year or so back (which was VERY stiff), but harder than the recent shoots there. I shot a few below my average; but it could have been worse given how stiff it was. I wish I lived nearer to this place as I would use it to drag myself forward. Cheers,CSC3

Hi Clever Was nice to go round with you and Matt today, stiffer layout and weatherbut great fun. everyone i talked too seemed to have  enjoyed it .  Banger

Cheers mate and well shot again. Your 85 was surely in the A cash somewhere? 93 was leading when I left, but Chris Childerhouse was yet to shoot so all bets are off.. Did you hear how it all ended up? Cheers,CSC3

No idea left not long after you.Anyone know anymore??

i can't see even chris childerhouse beating 93 at westfield,especially as the wind seemed to get stronger later on!

A big 97 won westfield to day.Albert bovingdon,well done al.Cris childerhouse 95 ithink.Very good shoot but the wind later on was strong and cold,we were some of the last to shoot  and all the markers were FROZEN.Bring on the world sporting !!!

Both those scores are incredible and were shot later in the day when the wind had picked up,making it all the more harder, well done both  ,i suppose everyone will say it was a soft shoot now,take it from me it wasn't!

This is exactly why I don't believe in really stiff courses. The reality is that we have a few people who are capable of sillyfying any layout, you just end up punishing the vast majority. As mentioned already, respect to both those scores.

As a newcomer to registered sporting and only the 2nd time at Westfield my opinion may not count for much but I thought the targets were superb. Everything was hittable, nothing at extreme range and let's be fair, the wind wasn't a big problem - even on the more exposed stands. I thought it was a really good set of targets and the only thing that stopped me breaking them all was me.  I shoot primarily for the enjoyment of it and although I could and should have hit a few more, yesterday was one of the good days.I'll break them all next time though....

Westward is quite right in what he says,it was a toughish shoot but nothing at extreme range or to edgy,they were all there to be hit, tricky would be one way to describe it,alot of stuff dropping just as you go to shoot it, and the simo loupers were quite mesmerising as they overtook each other causing total confusion (to me anyway) did feel sorry for the markers they looked frozen.

Just the sort of track us local boys need to prepare for the worlds then /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif whats the point in punching way above your weight and getting slaughtered at a major /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-confused.gif I for one will be hitting the 3 W's hard in the run up to the big one to try and get a handle on some of Steves more interesting targets /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-cool.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-cool.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-cool.gif

Back