Westfield 29th December

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I want to gooooooo

But got Xmas with the kids ...booo hoooo

Ill be there reasonably early I think, depends on how much I get side tracked in the morning at home!

Yes I will be there for breakfast at 9.15 after a 2hr drive, meeting clarkey k80 from here, if you see me please say hello

Yes I will be there for breakfast at 9.15 after a 2hr drive, meeting clarkey k80 from here, if you see me please say hello
Shoot well mate , give my regards to clarkey and there maybe a few of the amigo's there to look out for too Ash

I'll be by myself and wanting breckie also, do you mind if i join you?

Will - roads will be quiet make the trip :)

You'd be very welcome tebbsy, I'll be wearing a blue vest with RM guns on the back, look forward to meeting you

Regards, Ashley

Might get there mid morning. Anything to avoid Oxford ring road and A40 in commuting time..

Last edited by a moderator:
You'd be very welcome tebbsy, I'll be wearing a blue vest with RM guns on the back, look forward to meeting you

Regards, Ashley
Great see you there!
Will - hopefully see you amongst it

An epic shoot today. I turned up mid morning to miss the crowds. WOAH! 40 minute q for entry card. 240 entries all told and it took me 3.5 hours to get round. I gather it was quicker if you started early. I did get get cold hanging around, but a great shoot.

Superb targets with some great long stuff in places. I learned some more about my "new" gun; that on long targets I need to push on a bit. I missed about 7 longer targets behind today. I finished on 101, which contained enough "daft" misses that I was a bit miffed, as 107 was second place when I left at 3.45. I dropped 3 on a simple sim pair by the clubhouse, which I am putting down to being a bit tired and cold by then.

Martin Myers on 112 was leading.

Rare visit there myself, yes it was cold but I'd rather that than wet, heard entry was well over 250 so yes a few queues, we took over 4 hours to get round so chance of lots of small talk, Westfield regulars telling me it was a toughie, but there was some big £ prizes put up so one would expect that?, as fir the course, sorry to admit it really worked me over, I have to come to terms with the sorry fact that I'm simply not competent enough to shoot an acceptable score on such a course, well shot to those of you that did / have.

Certainly was a firm one, but fair and interesting targets. C class won on under 70% which says a lot especially with a big entry. This level of difficulty and variety does start to separate people out.

It took me 4.5hrs finishing in the dark.

When you add in the 4 hrs travelling time it had 'ball ache' written all over it.

I'm in no rush to repeat the experience.

Took us a while but worth the journey and time for the shoot.

Shot 93 with a mind blip on green going away and looper thing dropping 7!

Happy overall with the way I shot and straighting the last stand (one of only 4)

wow what a day that was , i thought we were going to fairly busy but not as busy as we were , but it all seemed to flow nicely with several stands this afternoon with a steady flow to them . thanks to all that came and there still a seasonal and festive feel in the air to it all .

excellent score of 112 martin myers to take high gun and also shoot a 23 on sportrap pool shoot with a superb 20 from Billy Baxter to win the B and C class on the pool 

think i should just mention this entry level aint the norm for our 120 birders they are usually around the 150 to 170 mark so folks dont be put off in the future as i think the 120s are different from the normal sundays and a good bit of fun 

thanks steve

Latest posts

Back