Westfield 100 ESP Reg plus White Gold Cup qualifier

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chard

I got invited on some kind of Gamebore gimps day out yesterday at Westfield :p

The main object of the day was to have a bash at the Gamebore White Gold Cup qualifier thingey and do the registered sporting while we were at it.

I'd never been to Westfield before, considering it a bit too far for a Sunday registered comp, but I will be making sure it is added to my Sunday circuit. I thought it was an excellent shoot, and thoroughly enjoyed it, though I didn't do it justice.

It was nice to see plenty of testing targets in the air, instead of the endless procession of edge-on quartering or going away birds that we get so used to. Clever targets some of them, too. They looked easy but proved to be very missable.

We made the peculiar decision to shoot the first two stands, then that brought us to the White Gold Cup layout, so we interrupted the comp and shot that. :wacko: I did OK on the first 2 stands, 9/10, 9/10 and did OK on the White Gold layout with 15/20. When we resumed the comp, I seemed to have lost it and slumped to a disastrous 61. :lol: :D :p My head appeared to be elsewhere.

I felt fairly beaten up, but I don't mind getting battered by good targets. I thought it was a great course.

Interesting to see Steve Lovatt and Alison out and about on the course. Very hands-on and I can see why these shoots are so good.

The White Gold Cup was fun too. Well-organised and good, stiff targets. I missed the shoot-off for the Gold Classes (AAA/AA/A) by one clay, after having a second go with a brand new DT11 that Gamebore's Paul James was kind enough to lend me for a try out. I got a 16/20 with that and the qualifying score for the Gold shoot-off was 17 :rolleyes:

Could be an even more expensive day out than it already was, because I now want a DT11 - badly :codemafia:

Bit of a result too, because 61 is about a mile and a half below my cutoff, so it won't count on my average - huzzah! :shifty:

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks chard for the write i know who you are now (might see you at garlands in a fortnight with that new dt 11 )

a lovely day shooting for a change so thanks to all that came

results from today

high gun c childerhouse 97 ( brilliant shooting chris maybe a touch greedy me thinks :spiteful: :spiteful: )

aa1 c bloxham 92

aa2 n portlock 88

aa2 p smith  88

aa2 s emms 88

a1 k childs 85

a1 s keen 85 ( sleepyhollow)

a1 i reid 85

a2 m fletcher 84 ( fletch)

b1 L jones 79 (jonesey)

b2 j enders 77

c1 p davies 76

c2 a griffin 70