West London Sporting Challenge - 22nd June

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ExSCA

ShootClay Admin
Just back from this - another windswept and rain interrupted day. Great squad, Ed, Me, GavB, ClayClouter and one more, ventured out in a gale.

Started on stand one and went largely round in order - great targets by the team at WLSS - very different from the Met Police shoot, and made stiffer by some of the conditions out there.

Opened with a  pair of low driven simo, and then a looper/chondel combination. Stand three was two high crossers off the tower that needed a shedload of leeed.

Stand 4 saw us shooting into rain and wind with a pair of crossers dipping and diving around, and stand 5 gave us a simo pair of incomers that sometimes gave you a golden shot, other pairs a hard time!

Stand 6 was back on the tower with a high driven, and a big midi crosser - enjoyed that but dropped a few there.  Stand 7 was a simo pair of rabbits, with Stand 8 being a fast away bird with a fast left to right crosser - my only straight of the day.  Stand 9 saw us shooting a simo pair of driven that crossed on their way to you.

Stand 10 was over the lake - I blanked this - high right to left midi followed by a looping left to right. Stand 11 was the high left to right crosser with an enormo-crow to follow.  Stand 12 was a sim pair of a driven and away teal (similar to a stand at the Met police affair, but a bit more speedy).   Stand 13 was a high pair of teal, one standard, one midi - which I shout one on the way up, and one as it came back down.  Stand 14 was a benign pair of a right to left looper and then a teal/chondel type of thing.  The final stand, was a pair of fast quartering blaze clays going left to right.

Definitely a tougher course than the Met Police, but excellently set, with good variety - and making use of the towers.  Wind and rain made it stronger all round.

Our squad cleaned up - Ed taking HG with a sterling 101ex120, we also had the B-Class winner, C-Class winner (me on 74ex120), 3rd in C-Class (2nd was RadRac!) and Vets winner - Clayclouter.... excellent returns.

As well as RadRac - saw Chris Childerhouse out there who I think won a prize in AA. As well as Gnasher and I'm sure some others I've forgotten.

Great work from the WLSS team turning the Met Police shoot into this shoot - the ground looked as immaculate as ever.  Great prize fund, and a good atmosphere made this a great afternoon out.

I'm off to celebrate!

:alcoholic:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well shot Matt :) sounds like it was a good day all round , well shot guys

very well shot all, in rubbish weather. Excellent targets, definitely harder than Wednesdays shoot IMHO. had to dash off at the end before my back finally gave in :thumbsd:

congrats to Ed for HG and Matt for a first. :hi:

very well shot all, in rubbish weather. Excellent targets, definitely harder than Wednesdays shoot IMHO. had to dash off at the end before my back finally gave in :thumbsd:

congrats to Ed for HG and Matt for a first. :hi:
Clearly harder, judging by scores. 84% HG is telling. Well done Ed!

The other shooter was my little poppet Scott B class winner.

Gav you also won a prize

Yep.... Didn't mention his name unless he was ok with it.... Pleasure to shoot with him, and to see you martin.

Poppet indeed.
Sent from my Windows Phone 8 using Board Express/Tapatalk

:biggrin:

Well shot Scott, especially after  a lengthy lay off.

Hats off to Wlss, I thought  the targets were firm but fair. would definitely like to shoot it again.

Good to see everyone today , excellent targets and variation I shot really bad today but putting it down to being tired and worn out , congratulations to Matt for your win and to my son Harry who was third in juniors , excellent high gun from rock steady Eddie of 101 on those clays

Look forward to the summer fitasc !!!!!!! Hahaha Martin get it sorted

Steve

Good targets, hard shoot.

Surprised myself occasionally by what I was hitting. Shot 6/8 over the lake but was defeated by the bunnies. No idea why. Gusting wind played havoc with the sim driven (stand8?) as I couldn't keep my gun on a straight line. Really ought to do some weight training

Came second in lady's but pleased with 250cartridges prize.

Thought Ed would sneak past the 100 posted by Mark Marshall (well shot Ed) but, as said already, 84% HG shows it was tough.

I think the £65 cost was a misjudgment. Not a great turnout (85?) considering the prizes on offer

I think the £65 cost was a misjudgment. Not a great turnout (85?) considering the prizes on offer
ITYS!
(Not You Gnasher, WLSS..)

85 x £65 = £5525

140 x £48 = £6720. Subtract cost of 55 extra lots of clays, £500. Net result £6220

Food for thought..

Back