West London FITASC

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a great day, It was my first FITASC at West London but wont be my last. after a 3.5 hour drive (bloody traffic) I had about half an hour to relax before heading down to shoot the 'Gun Room' Layout, It was a tricky layout and easy to let the odd one slip away carelessly which i did on several occasions to finish with a iffy but not disastrous 19ex25. Next up was the 'Hull Cartridge' layout, again another testing set of targets with some nice long midi/battue and standard targets to get stuck in too. there was a nice steady blaze going away target coming from below your feet which i missed three times (twice as a single!) and then missed the sim pair at the end to finish on a decent but should of been better 20. after a spot of lunch we headed out to the 'Musto' layout, this was quite a bit steadier compared to the previous two but with a good mix of targets and speeds to keep you focused, finally pulled my finger out and shot a solid 24. after a short break we headed off to our final layout 'CCI' again another good mix of targets and speeds, a fast midi from the left and a teal that was a little sun affected at that time took some shooting as did the overhead midi on the last peg. carried on from the previous layout and was very pleased to shoot 25 straight on this and finish on 88ex100 bagging myself 3rd place, £75 and 250 shells ! I know Shaun Stacey won with a 91 but felt they was another couple out there for someone on top form. all in all a great day out and I'm looking forward to the next one, many thanks to all those involved in running it and all being well see you next time.

Scores from the day,  http://www.shootingschool.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/FITASC-June-and-Overall-2014-main.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:
Really enjoyed the whole series. I particularly liked the layout at the top of the hill. Great variety of targets as always. Will hope to do better next year. Good squad too. Well shot Adam :)

Really enjoyed the whole series. I particularly liked the layout at the top of the hill. Great variety of targets as always. Will hope to do better next year. Good squad too. Well shot Adam :)
You did well at this one Gavin! Well shot.

Only just had a chance to reply to this... 

Excellent finish to a fun series. Really enjoyed this last day, despite having some significant problems along the way, which were either with my gunfit, or with my head - but thanks to Chubby for helping me make a change which made the final layout at least half respectable.

Loved the WLGR layout, on the top of the bank (featured as the cover photo - thanks GavB - on todays ShootClay News) with targets below your feet and above your head... excellent stuff.   The Hull and Musto layouts were excellent, and the CCI was very interesting with none of the three hoops being visible from the others, making the targets very different at each peg.  The screaming midi overhead was a peach, with my new CENS plugs I could hear it tearing the air. 

The whole series was excellent - didn't do well on this one, but had a ball.  Hope they put a few more on before next 'winter' 

Latest posts

Back