Warwickshire

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sam McNally

Hi all I'm a novice clay shooter are there any clubs or groups I can join to practice my clay shooting around the warwickshire area thanks

Worth getting a lesson or two with Carl Bloxham. I gather his facility is very good now and he is a top coach for all levels.

Just really enjoying getting back into it at the moment and building confidence as to what level I'm not sure but to get to competition stage would be brilliant

Just really enjoying getting back into it at the moment and building confidence as to what level I'm not sure but to get to competition stage would be brilliant
I ask because most of the people on here seem to be at Competition Level and there's a tendency to assume everyone wants to be.

As I recall you're Southam based, so if you want to get going at a reasonable level, then I would suggest Wedgenock Shooting Ground near Warwick. 

At a more basic level, you're welcome to come and join us at Three Lakes Gun Club, it's the far side of Solihull from you. 

Thanks for the offer but it's a bit far out for me at the moment was hoping to go regular somewhere local will have to get over warwick and try find someone to go round with thanks

Possibly best to phone a few days before you go, explain you're looking to join a squad and they will no doubt help by introducing you to someone. 

If I recall, Wedgenock have a good sporting layout and there's skeet too. Not sure if there's any DTL/Trap though (I'd guess there is) 

hiya Sam,, I know you asked this already,,and I'm surprised at the limited response on here ,,I think what your looking for is a few informal "straw baler' shoots, cheaper

than a SG, but a place to get to know a few regular shooters,,i  have a few such around here, nice people, and usually all too willing to help a newbie.

now finding these shoots is the issue,,go to barby sporting( or look on CPSA site, or clay mag',) or any shooting ground,, they very helpful,, join in a 30 target or whatever they offer,,chat to the person running the shoot,,ask him to introduce you to a couple of people going out to shoot,,or ask people going out to start shooting if you can tag along ,as you haven't been to this club before.  then as the shoot progresses, ask for info, addresses ,for farm shoots. you will find 99% help,, trust me!

don't  be shy.

At a more basic level, you're welcome to come and join us at Three Lakes Gun Club, it's the far side of Solihull from you. 

Fordehall Farm, Fordehall Lane, between Ullenhall and Tanworth in Arden. 

Tanworth not Tamworth wrong side of brum.....doh im sometimes a bit slow......

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Sam,

Try Edgehill if it is near to you.

Last edited by a moderator:
what happened to newbold?. wasn't nick hollick (honesberrie) running sat shoots there. would be just down the road from you Sam if its still going.

jasper

what happened to newbold?. wasn't nick hollick (honesberrie) running sat shoots there. would be just down the road from you Sam if its still going.

jasper
Honesberie are running their own shoots this summer I think....

post-1487-0-22273800-1396984464.jpg

Attachments

• honesberie.jpg
    honesberie.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 0

jasper
No the Saturday 50 birders Honesberie ran have finished now at Newbold, but as Nick says they are starting their registered shoots again a little bit further down the road!

Latest posts

Back