Visibility

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hotshot100

I wonder if any one can help with a problem that is costing me targets nearly every time I shoot.

As I have got older I find it increasingly more difficult to see black clays against a dark background, especially dark green.

I can not wear tinted shooting glasses as I have a bit of a strange prescription which causes massive distortion with inserts. I have tried having shooting glasses made to my prescription but these are so heavy that I can't wear them and again the glass is so thick that it distorts the image.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Well I had my appointment with Ed two weeks ago and the result was amazing. He immediately picked up on the fact that the right eye prescription in my glasses wasn't right and that my eyes were actually adjusting to my glasses.

There then followed the most in depth assessment of everything to do with my vision imaginable. By the end of it I could quite easily read the bottom line of the letter chart which was far better than 20-20 vision. Ed also picked up that I had a very slight cataract in my left eye and a micro bleed in the right one.

Ed insisted that I go to my doctors for a blood glucose test before he made my glasses as the bleed could have indicated diabetis or some other nasty which would have affected the accuracy of the prescription.

I have now had the test and fortunately everything is well.

I am now eagerly awaiting the arrival of my new shooting glasses.

If any one has any concerns about their eyes then I can thoroughly recommend that they contact Ed. His service and knowledge is money extremely well spent. 

Well I've got my glasses used them for the first time today. All of a sudden I can see everything much clearer to such an extent that it was a bit offputting initially. I seem to have a lot longer on the targets so my timing is now very different.

I dropped 11 out of the first 20 targets but gradually improved ending up with a 10,7,8 and 9 on the last 4 stands. one of these was a really difficult pair against a brilliant blue sky and in to the sun but I could see them and shot 8 which was way ahead of any one else on the squad. Ended up with 72 which was in line with most of the others that I shot with.

Ed's service was brilliant and I am looking forward to some improving scores once I get completely used to them.

Ed....the 46N were great today on ABT in flat light. Where it is normally translucent crossing from land to sky.....i now see clear flight of orange....Brillliant.

Just have to put the shot in the right place now.......... :wink:

I thought the 46N's were the bees knees until I tried the 52HC's........wow!

Off to see Ed in 4 weeks, cant wait!

52HC were no good for me, to similar to the Max Orange range....I sent them back. The 46N is a really relaxing colour for me and the orange targets really stand out.

Of course a lens colour suitability depends on each persons eyes.

Great to hear it Hotshot! It is important to reiterate your point about timing, an enhanced level of visual acuity may mean that we see the target earlier as the streak phase will be shorter. 

It takes a few shoots to recalibrate to a different cadence once we have a new shooting prescription but it will all bed in nicely.

I found a similar thing first hand yesterday when i shot my first two rounds of OT with my new contact lenses and Randolph HD Falcon, I was seeing the targets so early I over-lead them with my low gun mount - all a great learning experience!

Latest posts

Back