Using a strap on

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harley

To be honest I haven't shot more than once in 3weeks (not my choice) and for me it's really frustrating ;)

I had a 2 hour lesson (Ed) and not been able to put what I've been told to good use, so ...

Has anyone tried recording your shoot to play back and digest your mistakes when back at home, I think if this could be achieved with a good piece of kit ,it could pay dividends watching in real time your mistakes ( then again what do I know)..

The idea came from a Go-Pro camera I was going to get for my other hobby, and if it could record fast enough speed, I thought it would be great to strap it to the barrel and shot away?

Does anyone think its doable?

Hi Harley,

I've done a bit of videoing at our club, but not with a camera on the barrels. I think it would need a camera capable of shooting somewhat faster than normal to capture decent shots of the clay. On the video I shot I slowed down several clips of clays using the editing software, it's reasonable, but no more than that. I suppose shooting the video from behind the shooter would be an alternative, I haven't done that yet. I took lots of footage of members, with some close-ups which did give a good indication of stance, mount etc. This was really an experiment to check how the gunshots affected the soundtrack and if it was going to be feasible to have a serious go at shooting something worthwhile. It was very difficult to capture the clays in flight against the sky background. Manual exposure and focusing will need some practice for this, it will for me! Our web-site member has upped what I shot to the club web-site, he must have felt it was worth doing even if it was just for the members to see themselves.

Ian.

To be honest I haven't shot more than once in 3weeks (not my choice) and for me it's really frustrating ;)

I had a 2 hour lesson (Ed) and not been able to put what I've been told to good use, so ...

Has anyone tried recording your shoot to play back and digest your mistakes when back at home, I think if this could be achieved with a good piece of kit ,it could pay dividends watching in real time your mistakes ( then again what do I know)..

The idea came from a Go-Pro camera I was going to get for my other hobby, and if it could record fast enough speed, I thought it would be great to strap it to the barrel and shot away?

Does anyone think its doable?
Used one of these for something else and you can slow down stuff doing 160MPH good enough to see them.

Will shoot 60 FPS at 720p, which means you can slow it down by about 60% (25FPS normal viewing).

£200 Beer tokens though.

This is an example of a Strap On jobbie, few of my younger team mates, hazing the Birthday Boy.

Last edited by a moderator:
I once knew a couple of girls who had trouble with a strap on.

Soon sorted them out though. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Back