Try out new carts

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maxum

Went down to Oakedge this morning to try some new Fiocchi blacks

Shells in 7.5 & 8.5.

Put both sets to good use on some good targets.

Edge on, belly up, loopers, floaters and some tasty Long birds on the compact.

The furthest I would estimate at about 50 yards.

Shot the compact twice trying both carts on both the same birds ie what I shot 7.5s at the first go I shot with 8.5 s on the second go and viceversa.

Compact ended with 2 x 21

Sporting ended 47 x 50 driver error for the 3 away.

Impressed with the speed and consistency of both shells and at £180 a thou a very good competition shell

Recoil wise I have a gracoil fitted to my summit and the shells didn't feel as thumpy as the superbs I have been shooting.

All in all pleased with my choice and pleased with the results.

Go give em a try.

Daz.

I've been using Fblu's for a while , made the switch from Eley Olympics . Find the Fblu's give great breaks and at £172 a thousand not a bad price ... I haven't tried the Blacks yet .

Fblu's do seem to be a popular cartridge at the grounds I go to :)

Just goes to show how felt recoil is subjective from person to person. I found the F-Black to be very punchy (also have a recoil reducer) but no denying the quality of breaks

Did a recent review on Fiocchi cartridges.

Everyone that tried the blacks, around 10-12 people all said the Blacks were really nasty in the recoil department and wouldn't use them again, including me.

However the Blues impressed everyone on the ground. ;)

Don gave me a box of black, blue, new top1 and olympic/special trap?? was reasonably impressed with the F-blue, soft enough but found them a bit dirty, not a particularly clean burn.

Really cant beat the golden trap though as long as you have deeeep pockets :.:

The kents I'm using at the moment are spotless, fire 100 of them and my barrels are cleaner than when I started :)

my fav fibre cart (cost is also considered) … virtually same as blue diamond .. IMHO with less recoil … great cart for the money ;)

I'm using Gold Trap £210 per thou and some 8's in the Long Range, Super Sporting I think it is at £180,the green ones they also do very nice 24g shells you should try.

chiefy

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm using Gold Trap £210 per thou and some 8's in the Long Range, Official Trap I think it is at £180,think there the blue ones they also do very nice 24g shells you should try.

chiefy
Good man.........you cannot go wrong with them!!

Latest posts

Back