trap machines

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Promatic, refurb or a smaller Ranger or similar.

Depends on what what you want really. If it's a guarantee it'll be working in 20 years time and still have spares and service available then can't beat a Promatic trap.

( PS I do have a vested interest! ) :)  

It really depends on your circumstances , do you have land available and friends to help? In which case a manual trap will be adequate and should cost no more than £65.

If you go for an electric automatic there is a wide range available, John Bidwell makes machines which he often disposes of S/H in the Autumn, Bowman , Laporte ,Acorn and Promatic are choices I have had, used, and repaired all of them , all have minor design or operational faults . Without doubt Promatic are possibly the most popular and readily available.

There is a cheap Chinese version sold online , remember China also gave us Covid , but the traps are far worse.

If you can use a manual trap it really is the best option , can throw any clay , Mini , Midi , Standard, Rabbit, Battue , Chondel , can throw further , softer, and at various angles .

Cheap Sport.

Signed ,

Cheapskate 

P.S. I have an original Promatic Supersporter and the original Single stacker  which was a development of a troublesome Acorn trap that Promatic were asked to sort out and productionise , must be about 30 years old at least , neither have ever broken down or even blown a fuse.

Latest posts

Back