Training

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pambs

Hi!, i was wondering if there's a thing like a training routine in sporting?

For example should one go for practise 2-3-4 times per week? i have been told it should be 2 or max 3 times per week

Also should someone go and shoot the whole ground or just pick individual traps

what about trap and skeet? in some fields you have a combination of all types? should you practise those as well

Some might say, its not how much you shoot, its how you shoot that counts! Also, do you just shoot for the enjoyment or serious competition?

Depends on the person and their goals.

Personally I just shoot on Sunday, if I was to practice it would either be early season after a layoff to get timing back or if I am struggling with a particular presentation; in which case I would have an afternoon just working on my trouble areas.

Some people get good results shooting 3 times a week, you need to find what suits you best.

i bought a gun in May and started since then. i plan to enroll in the 2013 championship here in Cyprus so basically trying to get better by then. so yes in the next months i would like to compete

so maybe from a beginers view should i shoot as much as i can or just take it easy :D

If you have only just started and thats your goal, my advice would be to find a really good coach/instructor to point you in the right direction (no pun intended) Bad habits are quick to pick up early on, but harder to break. Don't shoot to much, just what YOU feel comfortable doing. Thats it and best of luck

cheers i will give it a try :) i was just thinking whether i should spend the money to do more practise on my own but sounds at the end its going to pay back if i get a coach

Been shooting a lot of practice in the last month or so, 200 odd shells on a Saturday then 100 or even 200 competition on a Sunday and I have found it far too much for me. My shooting has taken a real nose dive lately. I have found that I shoot better after a bit of a layoff and trying to shoot myself into form just doesnt work in my case.

For me practicing that much takes far too much out of the tank and leaves me running on nearly empty when I compete the next day.

As Mick says some good instruction will be more use to you at the moment than crashing off a couple of hundred shells and probably not learning anything and compounding any bad habits

I used to find the less I shot, the better I shot. There's no substitute for being keen!!

I used to find the less I shot, the better I shot. There's no substitute for being keen!!
Yep i,d totally agree with that,thought it was just me! i,m gonna have a bit of a lay off myself seem to get into a habit of just going for the sake of it..

Hi!, i was wondering if there's a thing like a training routine in sporting?

For example should one go for practise 2-3-4 times per week? i have been told it should be 2 or max 3 times per week

Also should someone go and shoot the whole ground or just pick individual traps

what about trap and skeet? in some fields you have a combination of all types? should you practise those as well
There's a saying that "practice makes perfect" but that's not the whole story. The saying should be "perfect practice makes perfect".

Shooting grounds like golf practice areas are full of people assiduously practicing their faults in the belief that their shooting will improve.

Agreed. Ed says he swaps shoot for pub/ fishing when not feeling well up for it. Like many, I go because it's Sunday and it will be a whole week more to wait if I don't go. I have had a few howling scores on days when the background was wrong for me.

Don't know what point I am making really! More just the admission of a twonk.. Should know better.

Latest posts

Back