Top 3 Dos and Don'ts for beginners

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
do

buy a cheap ish gun for a year then buy the best you can afford and stick with it,

don't

ever waste your money on the search for the holly grail it will not improve your score but it will frustrate you and bankrupt you and your scores will probably plummet.

that's it.

I tried a few guns before I got my ticket at the beginning of June this year. I then decided that a Browning suited me, bit chunkier in the action. I brought a preowned 525 sporter and love it. Since I've owned it I have tried a few other guns but nothing feels like my 525. I will be sticking with it for some years I think.  Now I'm not thinking about the gun I'm starting to hit a few targets. Now that early advice I was given, "Don't worry about missing, just enjoy it and you will start to hit them." is beginning to make sense.

yes forget gun (as long as it fits) and cartridges (they all go bang) just concentrate on the target. Enjoy.

DO

Enjoy your shooting, which ever discipline you choose.

Think 'safety first'

Buy a Perazzi :)

DON'T

Get your son/daughter to take up the sport! The cost of two shooting is financially crippling!!

Miss a Sunday as your wife/partner will think you are not serious and find other things for you to do on Sundays

Buy anything other than a Perazzi :)

DT

DO

Enjoy your shooting, which ever discipline you choose.

Think 'safety first'

Buy a Perazzi :)

DON'T

Get your son/daughter to take up the sport! The cost of two shooting is financially crippling!!

Miss a Sunday as your wife/partner will think you are not serious and find other things for you to do on Sundays

Buy anything other than a Perazzi :)

DT
SEE?!!?  right there it is!  Once you start you're on the road to your own private Hell.  You will attempt to alleviate this to some extent by sharing your torments with other shooters  BUT  beware that once you start that they will feel released to share theirs with you and none of you will be happier for it.

And you prolly think that this is a joke - -

but I will be the very first to say "I told you so".

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back