To Multi-choke or Not to Multi-choke..That is the question

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That’s the thing with the Teague Choke Conversion  . When they know the true bore of your gun , the tubes can be selected to give the theoretically correct constriction before they laser etch the size and your serial number on them .  Probably as free from accumulative manufacturing tolerance as any multi-choke system can be .  Well that’s what I told myself when I wrote the cheque for six hundred odd squids .,, 

On the other hand I sold my mate  a 682 Super Sporter about 20 years ago . Last time he was over from Ireland  and we were shooting  I asked what chokes he had in , his reply “ whatever were in when you sold it to me “  and that lad could shoot a gnats todger off at 60 yards ! 

That’s the thing with the Teague Choke Conversion  . When they know the true bore of your gun , the tubes can be selected to give the theoretically correct constriction before they laser etch the size and your serial number on them .  Probably as free from accumulative manufacturing tolerance as any multi-choke system can be .  Well that’s what I told myself when I wrote the cheque for six hundred odd squids .,, 

On the other hand I sold my mate  a 682 Super Sporter about 20 years ago . Last time he was over from Ireland  and we were shooting  I asked what chokes he had in , his reply “ whatever were in when you sold it to me “  and that lad could shoot a gnats todger off at 60 yards ! 
We weren't talking about choke conversions couldn't bring myself to give them 600 quid!!  :eek:

Merely having the barrels regulated about 100gbp  :D

But the question is " how did the cylinder choke get in there"   looks like a bit of covert open choke practice going on!  I must be putting doubts in your mind.?
I always carry the full spectrum of multi chokes on a round but almost always shoot 1/2 & 3/4 except when something is really close. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Coooor Blimey! I opened up a can of worms here eh!

All good fun though.  For my 10p worth,  I haven't patterned a gun of mine that had fixed chokes.  What I can say is that with the shells I use I get more than good enough breaks on an ESP layout.  My 2 x 3/4 are excellent.  But so is my Cylinder choke out to 15yds.....and further!!!!   I was only curious as to peoples findings on Multi-choke guns vs Fixed chokes.  A friend of mine uses 'Kicks' chokes in his gun and the size of his quarter pattern to my Teague Quarter pattern is vastly different.  His is really spherical and much much tighter.  Doesn't answer my own question however!

Until I pattern a fixed choke gun.......I'm happy with my Perazzi, Teagues and shells.  

Latest posts

Back