Thoughts on range bags and who has one?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha more bike nuts!

My dad got a Suzuki TS 50 when I was 14, he used it to practice on, (as he hadnt ridden a bike in 15 years, and got his mid-life crises and had to get another one! He had Ducati & Honda 900's when he was younger, now rides a BMW R1200r). Had fun on that, although 25 mph was absolute top speed! Then got a Dr 250 when I was 17, again for field. Fell off it about 10 minutes after I got it! Had problems with the carbs on that. Then nothing for a while, before I picked up a TM 125 MX bike. What a weapon! Awesome power from an engine you could pick up easily. I think it had 40 Hp, and weighed 95Kg! Awesome once the PV opened up. Again just a off-road bike though (with 10 hour rebuild interval!).

Want to get on the Direct-access thingy ye have over here, then pick up one of those DR 400's. They are sweeeet with SUpermoto wheels

(And the Jota is, IMHO, the nicest looking bike ever made. Its perfect!).

(And the Jota is, IMHO, the nicest looking bike ever made. Its perfect!).

Attachments

• Z1.png
    Z1.png
    77.2 KB · Views: 0
DT you really have one of them ? It's the mutts a stonking bike well ridden not much will go past it!

400/4 great bike but the exhaust was to low and was ground away before too long good handler.

Errr.... I beg to differ. My wee beastie

attachicon.gif
image.jpg

DT
Fair Play DT  its got style :spiteful:

Bags or Bikes 

I prefer my little run around!

post-2162-0-20534500-1389464627.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1809.JPG
    IMG_1809.JPG
    152.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited by a moderator:
Evo

You're obviously a hooligan!

Would still love one though

DT

Fair Play DT its got style :spiteful:
Cheers Shaun
I came to biking quite late in life so missed all the 'classic' bikes the other blokes are talking about ? I know what a KH250 is ( cos my brother had one) but I have no idea what a TD 400.

DT

To be honest I am not too sure what  a TD 400 is either... I do now of the Yamaha RD 400 which was a really good bike RD referring to the use of reed valve induction. I assume the TD 400 was some sort of off road traillie type bike ? Anyway DT like the Beemer a really rabid version of the GS.. which to be fair is not a bad bike considering its weight and size again with a really good pilot they are surprisingly quick!

Evo

You're obviously a hooligan!

Would still love one though

DT

Says the man with a bike with almost double everything over mine!!

I just used to have adrenalin issues so when I gave up cars it was natural to try compensate and switch to two wheels!

that ones up for sale as just about to switch jobs and need a commuter! 

Is it just me or are range bags either just that bit too small or so huge you need a wheelbarrow to carry them?

I've got various Berreta, Musto, Top Gun and other bags that struggle to take 100 shells plus the other [SIZE=11pt]paraphernalia[/SIZE] we seem to need in the winter months (flasks etc.) or huge things that take a slab of shells and everything else including the kitchen sink with room to spare. I'd really like something in between.

Whilst I'm moaning, why does a set of glasses and ear defenders take up so much space? I've got a set of Hidefspex and the case could double as a overnight bag if pushed!

The Berreta and Musto bags are great but need to be scaled up by 25% to suit all seasons and carry enough shells for anything over a 50 bird shoot.

Is it just me or are range bags either just that bit too small or so huge you need a wheelbarrow to carry them?

I've got various Berreta, Musto, Top Gun and other bags that struggle to take 100 shells plus the other paraphernalia we seem to need in the winter months (flasks etc.) or huge things that take a slab of shells and everything else including the kitchen sink with room to spare. I'd really like something in between.

Whilst I'm moaning, why does a set of glasses and ear defenders take up so much space? I've got a set of Hidefspex and the case could double as a overnight bag if pushed!

The Berreta and Musto bags are great but need to be scaled up by 25% to suit all seasons and carry enough shells for anything over a 50 bird shoot.
I know what you mean. I'm out today to look at some game fishing tackle holdalls to see if any of those would be suitable for my needs. The boatman and bankman bags by wynchwood look like they could be quite good. We shall see...

Sent from my iPhone using my fums

Anyone Remember those old Gas mask bags that our dear old mums bought for us from the Army&Navy stores for school, wouldn't they be brilliant for shooting now, they used to take a right beating, anything from being swung around above your head to being kicked about the school yard by the class bully...I had one from school that lasted into my 20s....wish I still had it now! :cry:
I use a similar bag, a webbing signals bag, absolutely great for the bits and pieces...might struggle with the lunch as well though. Try Aldi, they sold a great "fishing" bag for under £15, a lot of lads bought and use these.... :gamer:

Finally got my bag. Went for the wychwood bankman holdall has room for at least 150 cartridges and loads of side pockets for chokes,glasses, earmuffs ect. There is also plenty of room Left over inside to store hat waterproofs and lunch if needed. Good solid construction overall I'm well impressed with this bag.
Here's a wee pic.
6a9uvu7e.jpg
ymejere3.jpg
my8uvada.jpg

Also the good thing is this bag is quite easy to get hold of compared with actual shooting bags.

Sent from my iPhone using my fums

Now that is my sort of bike DT ! Rather that than a Dungcati any day ! Although I really am a Kwaker man they Kawasaki sport bikes are absolutely bonkers these days far too much for a  old duffer such as me. I will just bang on with the GS.

Latest posts

Back