The 2013 hodnet challenge - Christmas shoot

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spuddog

As above dates on the 28th December, has anyone shot it in the past. Good day. Appreciate your views.

Thanks Andy

Last edited by a moderator:
The challenge is very good, a bit for everyone, I'll be reffing, it's usually freezing cold, so please be gentle with us. The terrain is sandy and firm under foot and the new clubhouse should be finished, I don't think it's squadded, so some stands are busier at different times, but it's run very efficiently with top class targets

Have shot it several times in the past and always enjoyed it. I try to get to Hodnet when they have something special on as it is one of my favourite grounds.

It's normally very good, but given the time of year can be cold and a bit miserable if its raining (like anywhere).

Targets are always good though and there's generally a good turnout.

The Hodnet Challenge is always a great shoot; fantastic targets and well attended. Yes the weather is often bad, yes there are queues, but yes it's a lot of fun and often a welcome excuse to have a break from the festivites at home ;)

Any shoot at Hodnet is a good shoot. Best ground in the country by a mile. Watch out for next season maybe some big shoots now the new clubhouse is nearly finished

I wish I lived closer and could escape the joys of Xmas banged up with the family!!

Definately one of the nicest grounds I have shot, I'm sure if there is snow on the ground it must be a superb setting to shoot.

I will do this this year , usually a really cold day and busy with queuing but we usually split it with several tea breaks

Think they usually cap it at around 220 guns !!

I'll be there again, then it's off to sunny Scotland for Hogmanay, bring it on ---let it snow, let it snow, let it snow. :santaclaus:  

Does anyone know..........Is this a squaded event or just pre book your entry ??

Latest posts

Back