Teals

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For fast teal 1/4 ing away or fast more crossing almost a looper? Shoot as a crosser don't over think it! Shoot at where ur looking not the clay! Not that i have a massive amount of knowledge but hey works for me!

Plural is teal or teals - either. 

That's great, but I meant; I use the same technique with Teals as I do with Sheeps . . .

IONQMTL.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have little problem (I won't say none) with straight away/up Teal at any distance. As soon as they set them on an angle away, say 45 degrees left or right I know its going to be 0/0, no matter how hard I try, or what I do. Usually swing thru, hold gun reasonably high and don't jump at them. Any thoughts?

I have little problem (I won't say none) with straight away/up Teal at any distance. As soon as they set them on an angle away, say 45 degrees left or right I know its going to be 0/0, no matter how hard I try, or what I do. Usually swing thru, hold gun reasonably high and don't jump at them. Any thoughts?
Shallow angle Teal trick the mind into thinking they're rising whereas their upward movement is mostly spent by the time they're in good focus. Hold very slightly below their peak and just brush and fire simultaneously, no upward lead in other words.

45 degree left or right teal will need a little lead left or right if your taking them on the way up, say it a 45degree left I'd hold high and left and shoot an intercept method, if your going to come thru the bird hold a little lower and it should give you the line as you come up and thru it

Would like to agree with Gavin ie forward allowance.

If a trap was say 30yds plus out and throwing a quarterings teal say to the right - I would suggest a high(ish) hold point slightly to the right of the flight line. I would watch the clay come by my barrel mount and bring the barrels parallel with the clay seeing daylight between the barrels and the clay and pull the trigger. It does work!

If your not hitting them on the way up or at the top, try shooting them on the drop.

PS this advice works best when the wind is blowing them back to the cage.

I just hold above the trap, distance depending on speed, follow it up and shoot just before the clay peaks. Works for me.

My fibre wads are no where near as big as that Skeet UK, but at least you can see were your shot is compared to the sheeps target :sarcastic: . My problem is teal are launched in pairs, manual trap, at our little shoot, and as most traps are fired and shot over trees and brush, some times the window for the second bird is quite limited, thinking of the second bird does some times make me race to shoot and move on from the first bird, disaster :prankster: .

Back