Teague Tapered Choke Key - bonus feature

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FreeShot

Hi guys

was just going through my equipment and was looking at Teagu Tapered Choke key, when I noticed distinctive ring marks left by tightening chokes. As you can see I am using 3 Teague Extended chokes that correspond to those marks - upper is 3/8, middle 5/8 and bottom is 7/8. Anyway - apart from nicely spaced difference between those that speaks about Teague precision nothing to write home about.

Then it crossed my mind that I can check my factory flush chokes - how they correspond to Teague constrictions by simply inserting the key and see the difference accordingly. What came out just shows how relative measuremnts there are when we speak about constrictions in terms of markings.

For instance - as you may see from the pictures - factory Browning/Miroku Inv+ flush 3/4 (IM) sits right in the middle between 3/8 and 5/8 marks i.e. corresponds to Teague's 1/2, and factory Browning/Miroku Inv+ flush 1/1 (F) sits almost  in the middle between 5/8 and 7/8  - i.e. corresponds to Teague's 3/4 (IM).

Regardless the outcome - I guess the Tapered Key is a cool and simple feature to measure and roughly compare chokes of different brands and put them into perpective according to the ones you already have and know their performance.

2015-10-09 23.04.27.jpg

2015-10-09 22.48.44.jpg

2015-10-09 23.00.47.jpg

does seem to prove what i have always believed that aftermatket manufacturers just make there chokes tighter than the equivalent standard and say look at the awesome kils with our chokes they are just so much better :ph34r:

Or it could be that Browning produce their invector plus and DS chokes for steel as the aftermarket manufactures all use the same constrictions.

They are all tighter than the original equipment although the Midas and Diana chokes (which are made by Briley) are tighter and correspond to the aftermarket ones. Browning acknowledge this and do state that they will pattern tighter.

Hi guys

was just going through my equipment and was looking at Teagu Tapered Choke key, when I noticed distinctive ring marks left by tightening chokes. As you can see I am using 3 Teague Extended chokes that correspond to those marks - upper is 3/8, middle 5/8 and bottom is 7/8. Anyway - apart from nicely spaced difference between those that speaks about Teague precision nothing to write home about.

Then it crossed my mind that I can check my factory flush chokes - how they correspond to Teague constrictions by simply inserting the key and see the difference accordingly. What came out just shows how relative measuremnts there are when we speak about constrictions in terms of markings.

For instance - as you may see from the pictures - factory Browning/Miroku Inv+ flush 3/4 (IM) sits right in the middle between 3/8 and 5/8 marks i.e. corresponds to Teague's 1/2, and factory Browning/Miroku Inv+ flush 1/1 (F) sits almost  in the middle between 5/8 and 7/8  - i.e. corresponds to Teague's 3/4 (IM).

Regardless the outcome - I guess the Tapered Key is a cool and simple feature to measure and roughly compare chokes of different brands and put them into perpective according to the ones you already have and know their performance.

View attachment 5198

View attachment 5196

View attachment 5197
Really m8 what your doing means little the teague choke is more than often bored to suit the diameter at the breach of the gun through to the muzzle and if that is 10 thou then the choke will be 1/4 due to the restriction , and has no relevance tothe said diameter mark on the gauge ????? but I could be wrong !!!!!!!! 

This could turn into 101 (alternative) uses of a choke key?

Personally, I have never used mine (for its intended purpose) although i do have Teague Extended Chokes. Finger tight is all they get and all they need.

I have used it to get the top off a bottle of beer though, and thrown it at a squirrel that decided to come in through the patio door!!  :smile:

Back