Swatcom Active 8 background hiss

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris from London

Hi,

I've just received a brand new pair of Swatcom Active 8 headsets and on turning them on there's a quiet but audible background hiss like white noise even at the lowest volume setting. At the highest setting it's very audible. Is that usual or does my headset have a fault? I've an old pair of Debren noise cancelling and they are silent when turned on. Thanks

My Sordins were silent, but my new Swatcoms have an audible sound on there lowest setting. My mates are the same, probably because the new Swatcom are digital. I must admit it does not bother me, but that could be my mild tinnitus.

So I spoke to Swatcom and they advised that no you shouldn't be able to hear any back ground noise and that it sounded like feedback due to possibly a bad connection. Anyhow they arranged without quibble for the headset to be collected the following morning by DHL and that they'd report back what they found. I'm impressed so far with the service. I'll report back what they say.

Back