Surrey Police Shoot - Bisley Shooting Ground - 11th April 2012

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonSkeet2

Hi All,

I went to shoot this as part of the Guildford and District gun club team and got there earlier than expected.

There was a BBQ going at the front of the club house and the food looked great, I just got a cup of tea and then bumped into Richard; Field and Clay and had a chat, good to meet you and your friend :)

After a while the rest of the GGC guys and ladies rocked up and once assembled we went and booked on then drew cards at random to form two 4 person squads, another squad of 5 GGC shooters were headed out later.

We walked over to the ground and once assembled got to stand 1 where there was a pretty big queue so we carried on to a less crowded stand and got started.

The format was 17 ESP stands with 3 pairs on 16 stands and 2 pairs on 1 so you needed to read the clays well, there was nothing silly out there but some very deceptive birds that needed close attention.

Overall I thought it was a great shoot; if I remember correctly there were a total of 249 shooters, we had very few no birds but getting iced on briefly was the low point, it wasn't hail or rain but somewhere in between which was rather cold and quite a pain as it covered your glasses.

I personally was more than happy to finish on 71ex100 which is a new PB and buries 2 targets set last weekend, hit 65 and hit 70 :)

The latest update is that GGC team won the visitors event, top 5 scores to count which totalled 425ex500.

This was the first Police shoot I have attended but everyone seemed to have had a great day; hopefully I'll be able to attend the City of London Police next month at Wallers Ash GC.

Jon.

Hi Jon. Well shot again, sounds like you are on the up!

I missed being there today and have done it in recent years. Good fun and shooting Bisley makes a change.

EJC also do a police shoot that is well worth doing too, usually June?

CSC3

Great review Jon. Also good to chat and well shot.

Overall High Gun was Mark Marshall with an excellent 99, Runner Up cliff Goodwin 94 and third Ben Davies (Bendover) on 93.

Enjoyable day out no hold ups. A good mix of targets across the 17 stands.

I seemed to keep missing targets but still ended up with 85.

The City of London is Tuesday 8th May at Wallers Ash, Hampshire. Maybe some of the guys could make up a ShootClay team

Last edited by a moderator:
The Met Police shoot has been at EJ Churchills for the past few years but this year will be at Meon Springs on Monday 2nd July with entry of £30.

Again another opportunity for a ShootClay team (best 5 scores to count).

I'm up for that too, especially as my gun is the wrong Italian brand for the Beretta world.

Csc3
My Al391 Teknys Gold is available as promised previously :) Not having much luck selling it but not really trying that hard either ;)

Let me know when you are next at a shoot I am and I'll bring it for you to try :)

Jon.

I'm up for that as well

Great shooting today John - good to see you repping for ShootClay with the cozzers...

the police shoots are generally a great day m8 … same old thing hough with the met putting in the biggest team :D

Latest posts

Back