Stratstone 7

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shot whole thing with 3/4 and 8s. Would be happy using 9s on all but 3 of the birds, but as you have a loader that could get messy..! Happy with 21 though despite missing a whole pair I would have expected to hit at least half of...

How frickin hard was that!!

Got there looking to do a least 50% at the challange but the cold hard reality soon set in.

Shot 35 ex 50 on the warm up (very enjoyable)

Then came the challenge..........Now in my head i was planning relaxed controlled movements but in reality i panicked. First go shot 2, second go i got 6. No need to get the excuse book out as it was sunny, no wind, nothing broke i just need to practice my driven more me thinks.

Well done to all the top shots on this, anything in the teens and above is a great achievement.

Got there looking to do a least 50% at the challange but the cold hard reality soon set in.

Then came the challenge..........Now in my head i was planning relaxed controlled movements but in reality i panicked. First go shot 2, second go i got 6. No need to get the excuse book out as it was sunny, no wind, nothing broke i just need to practice my driven more me thinks.

Well done to all the top shots on this, anything in the teens and above is a great achievement.
. It happens mate don't beat yourself up. Dust yourself down get to garlands on the week end and enjoy it!!

Yes it in in another league.. I hit 12 first go. Then put a stunning plan of improvement into action and hit 10. I firmly believe I can hit 18 but that will involve about £300 in further attempts.. I think I'll just go and play my normal ESP game because I haven't cracked that yet..

Blimey, I am scared now. I am doing it first thing in the morning and usually count myself lucky to hit 50% on my local shoots. I think I could be the first person to blank the whole challenge.

I am going next weds with 4 other friends to try and it will be a practice for me ready for the final , bloody good fun and a worthwhile experience for anyone

Blimey, I am scared now. I am doing it first thing in the morning and usually count myself lucky to hit 50% on my local shoots. I think I could be the first person to blank the whole challenge.
Hey, treat it as fun. You and I ain't going to win it.
I do think that '50 % on local shoots' does suggest that you will likely hit... 4? But it's a great experience and the sporting beforehand is a decent course. Go for the experience and have fun. My point is that this is really aimed at the top 1% of competition shooters in terms of potential rewards.

We can sometimes kid ourselves that we are close to the top guys due to our our scores being not that far off. But we forget that the first 50% that we all hit is easy. It's only the harder second 50% that sorts out the 'men from the boys'. The RBSS tower challenge is the hardest 2% from a good shoot, so the divide in abilities is very exposed.. Nothing wrong with it, but it is what it is..

Last edited by a moderator:
As clever says the first fifty you will do your average but the tower is the fun part and to be honest made the 2 hour drive worth while for me, it has given me another reason to get better. Next year I will hit the mid teens on this. Don't be put off floatersi its good.

Last edited by a moderator:
I went along last Saturday shot the 50 warm up badly then shot the challenge twice with two scores of 10! Never expected to do that well but wanted to take part and experience it! Pleased with double figures both times and would try it or something like it another time! Had a laugh with a few friends from here on a sunny, yes sunny Saturday morning!

You wouldn't understand, Grumpy... all the targets are up in the air and going the wrong way...!!  :biggrin:

Pitty the ignore button doesn't work on quotes too!!! What a stupid statment,"what's this all about then?"

Pitty the ignore button doesn't work on quotes too!!! What a stupid statment,"what's this all about then?"
Calm down Jessy..... IPS was simply saying that he has missed what the Stratstones is all about.......

Do you have to be an agressive sh it on everything you post.....or are you 'just joking'.......just wondering.......or do you not realise that people don't read everything on here.

(Pssst........i have been hearing Home international stories......laugh......I nearly cried....hee hee hee )

Silly Scotty boy Pike.......missing the point again.

Not everyone reads all the threads.....doh....

IPS could well have missed all the original threads explaining what it is...... And......he is not on Facebook etc.

So it s quite reasonable that he does actually not know what this is.

......just saying.

Last edited:
So what's this all about then ?
Basically Ips not for you and me - your trap and I'm crap :) . Seems to be hard and fast driven get enough of them and at the end when the competition ends the best shoot off and if successful someone can win a very expensive car of their choice from a range on offer. Is that about it????

Basically Ips not for you and me - your trap and I'm crap :) . Seems to be hard and fast driven get enough of them and at the end when the competition ends the best shoot off and if successful someone can win a very expensive car of their choice from a range on offer. Is that about it????
Not quite Sian.

You have 25 birds and only 26 cartridges.

In order to win the car you have to shoot a score of 23 ex 25 or higher in the final....highest score over 23 wins.

If there is a tie after that....there is a shoot off where everyone's backside falls out.

Latest posts

Back