Stock Maker

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maddmatt

Morning forumites

Can anyone recommend a stock maker please? Don't have time to do a trip to Italy unfortunately so need someone in England. 

Thanks

Dennis Stepney.  He's made me two, and they are perfect for me.  I know lots of other people who have had custom stocks made by him, and everyone has had a good experience...except one!  And that didn't involve a custom stock, rather the wrong advice for that particular gentleman!  (sorry mate!)

I'll give you his number if you'd like it.  I think he's quoting something like 3 months at the moment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Morning forumites

Can anyone recommend a stock maker please? Don't have time to do a trip to Italy unfortunately so need someone in England. 

Thanks
Nil Griffe ???

Nil Griffe - are those the ergonomic stocks? 3 months, I may give Dennis a call and see what he recommends.

Maddmatt, just realised I don't think they do them for miroku yet, but I might be wrong.

I see, just teasing me now are you Ian hahahaha, think I prefer a normal stock if I am honest, just pondering how many english pounds I will need for it now

Matt

Purely as a matter of interest whats wrong with the stock you have, what do you want different ?

Nil Griffe is more expensive than a custom made.  PM sent, Matt.

Edited to add...

Nil Griffe is more expensive than a custom job depending on the wood you choose!  My last one came from a big lump of Turkish Root Walnut, with enough of an off-cut to make a matching fore-end, so it was bloody expensive!

(second edit cuz I'm a numpty!)

Last edited by a moderator:
I see, just teasing me now are you Ian hahahaha, think I prefer a normal stock if I am honest, just pondering how many english pounds I will need for it now
Matt, Dennis is a great bloke, really knows his stuff and his prices are very reasonable. He is also a big fan of Miroku's too!!!!

Matt

Purely as a matter of interest whats wrong with the stock you have, what do you want different ?
Mine cracked on Saturday, might be repairable but who knows, I think a decent grain stock, well made and made to measure would also cure some recoil issues :)

Mine cracked on Saturday, might be repairable but who knows, I think a decent grain stock, well made and made to measure would also cure some recoil issues :)
Matt, Gordon at Bisley is a dab hand with the glue if you need it doing quickly. Did mine 58,000 shells ago..

Of course you could always get another Miroku stock off Ben Wells englishsportingclays.co.uk for a very good price.

Back