Stiffness following a shoot

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hi nick,

they cut my bicep tendon and screwed it in my shoulder just about were you mount,its was supposed to be arthroscopic but they cut me 4 inches as the couldnt find the tendon,

If you are injured and you want to shoot.....or if you struggle.....like we all do (if you have shot for long enough) with lower back pain or uncomfortable back after some types of shooting then You need a good recoil pad......make it an Isis green pad. If you still struggle you can go to the whole Isis system. Everyone suffers recoil, whether they know it of not. Stance is important but one thing is sure....the recoil goes through the body.

If you have a long time shoulder injury and you shoot.....the best you can hope for is minimising the pain or discomfort through good recoil protection.....and exercise specific to the problem. Trust me .....I know....I have spent hundreds and thousands over the years on physio to be still in the same position. Keep doing the exercises suggested but get a good recoil system fitted.

thanks nicola ,you are right and i keep putting of the inevitable of having one fitted,im just in limbo at the moment trying to establish if my shoulder is just aching or that the shooting is causing it ,thanks

I think it is a cross to bear if we want to shoot.

I assure you it will help.

I have been back game shooting now and my special has a traditional wood stock with no pad just the chequered wood ...... Within a day the shoulder problem is worse.

It is essential that you take the plunge and get one fitted. You will not regret it.

Last edited:
Dave, it is possibly some scar tissue that might be causing the problem. Do you have a recoil pad in your vest or on your gun?

hi,i have a beretta vest with a pad a new b725 and 21gram loads,it just aches but im not sure if its due to shooting i suppose i need to stop for 6 weeks to see

aches after other activities ,the muscle is a little wasted .its been a little difficult to pinpoint when and doing what makes it hurt, i do wonder that now i have a lot more movement on it i have been sleeping on it ie arm out under the pillow,

Any ideas for reducing general stiffness  following  a shoot?

I did 125 birds at owls yesterday,  mixed bag   sporting skeet  dtl

Today my lower back is stiff ;)   

weather was cool to cold. and i was nicely insulated 

didnt seem to twist or move more than normal, 

Im putting it down to just not moving as much as i should

Any tips for reducing the effects  in future

Mart
I had the same problem last week following a shooter i think her name was melanie sykes

aches after other activities ,the muscle is a little wasted .its been a little difficult to pinpoint when and doing what makes it hurt, i do wonder that now i have a lot more movement on it i have been sleeping on it ie arm out under the pillow,
have you had any Physio since your op?

Only a little guidance, then I had to have some steroid injections in it because it wouldn't move and became frozen.the hospital was of little help,

Only a little guidance, then I had to have some steroid injections in it because it wouldn't move and became frozen.the hospital was of little help,
dave, I reckon you should get along and see a physio.....Private preferably as you will get to see them sooner. Where do you live?

ah, just noticed you live in Lincolnshire. Bit of a trek for me to travel but reckon you should defo seek out a physio close by and get them to have a look. Make sure you explain exactly how it hurts after shooting etc.

Back