Spot the muppet

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andypandy

Just got home from the Helice at Rugby, only one problem, it was on yesterday!!! 130 mile round trip DOH!!!!

Wife and kids still in their PJ's though.

That is a real bummer and so easily done.

Last comp I'd travelled as far as Kilmarnock before I got the feeling I was missing my wallet, stopped checked, no sign cursed myself and started to head home, almost back to Mauchline before I thought maybe I'd put it in with my carts, sure enough there it was PHEW. Keep doing that so now I keep a 'float' in my vest to cover clays or comp entries.

I remember a bloke in the 80s drove 100 miles to Beverly only to discover he had forgotten his gun.

Drove to Gunsite from Harrow only to find Tony forgot money luckily Calamity was there to save the day and I've forgotten my gun but luckily club is only 10 minute drive away from home.

Fancy being so stupid as to forget your gun....................................................... :nomention:

I'll get my coat ! (if I can remember where I put it )

Landed a sailplane in a farmers field about 200km from 'home'. Days before cell phones so getting a retrieve organised was not simple. Retrieve crew arrived with aircraft trailer hitched up about 4 1/2 hours after I'd landed. When I saw them I was a ittle peeved as I noticed that it was not my trailer. Not the end of the world as it was for the same make and model sailplane.

I was however highly browned off when we lifted the clamshell cover and discovered that there was already a ship in the box. :)

Did similar the other week, driving to reg had to book on at 11:00 at 10:30 stopped for fuel, sat nav died got horribly lost, arrived at 12:30... 

Fancy being so stupid as to forget your gun....................................................... :nomention:

I'll get my coat ! (if I can remember where I put it )
What makes it really stupid in my care was that I had packed both Tony's and Amber's guns but not my own!!

Was walking to meet the transport to the 'red' course at this years Classic carrying all I needed, cartridge bag, water etc.. I must admit I was in a bit of a rush after waiting 40 mins for my sausage butty. Half way to the pick up point one of my squad turned to me with a quizzical look and said "Gun?".

Last edited by a moderator:
When I saw the topic title I thought you meant the very obvious muppet in todays Commonwealth Games DT action!!!

Turned up at Lakenheath with husband's 20g instead of my 12. Had 12g shells with me, you couldn't buy anything else at Lakenheath. Got to use coach's B25 though, which led to me getting my gun fit greatly improved.

Not clays related, but: With Firearms, you have to store some bits separately. So, off I went to a rifle shoot, all associated gubbins. Shooting mat, ammo, jacket, spotting scope, bolt-action rifle...all present and correct.

Forgot the bolt.

Well Sian, at least it wasn't leaning on wall OUTSIDE the front door. Thankfully that was in the days of the 'ten bob' Post Office licence and security was much less rigidly enforced.

Latest posts

Back