Sportrap vs Compak – what’s the difference?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

P1Fanatic

Sorry if I am confusing myself but as someone who has never shot either in a competition - can someone explain to me the difference please? I have shot what was labelled as Compak at my local club which was 5 stands, A to E  birds from each, 1st single full use, 2nd O/R pair, 3rd simo pair. But when I read the CPSA description of Sportrap in Booklet 1 it sounds like exactly the same thing and there is no mention of Compak other than on the last page which is referring to shotgun and cartridge specs to be used for each discpline. Yet if I check the classificatioons page Compak is there.

Thanks

Simon

You shot sportrap at your ground,the place i go call sportrap compak.If you look for www.fitasc.com you will find the rules for compak.

Sorry if I am confusing myself but as someone who has never shot either in a competition - can someone explain to me the difference please? I have shot what was labelled as Compak at my local club which was 5 stands, A to E  birds from each, 1st single full use, 2nd O/R pair, 3rd simo pair. But when I read the CPSA description of Sportrap in Booklet 1 it sounds like exactly the same thing and there is no mention of Compak other than on the last page which is referring to shotgun and cartridge specs to be used for each discpline. Yet if I check the classificatioons page Compak is there.

Thanks

Simon
It isn't a world apart. Basic differences are that there is a designated area into which the targets must fall (which stops them being huge distance). Also it's 6 traps and the sequence varies. Some layouts were 1 single then the rest sim pairs. Also, 5 cages and six shooters, so one shooter standing behind cage 1 waiting to shoot.

Last edited by a moderator:
It isn't a world apart. Basic differences are that there is a designated area into which the targets must fall (which stops them being huge distance). Also it's 6 traps and the sequence varies. Some layouts were 1 single then the rest sim pairs. Also, 5 cages and six shooters, so one shooter standing behind cage 1 waiting to shoot.
The only rule I ever remember is that in sportrap you can double barrel one bird in the simo pairs but in compak you cannot.

For compak its actually a 40m x 25m overfly zone through which all targets must pass at some point, not necessarily fall in. There are 3 compulsory targets L-R, R-L and going away.

Sequences are set in the rules but there are many from all 5 singles to 1single and 2 simo pairs which can be used.

Cannot 2nd barrel any target in doubles nor score for hitting both targets with one shot.

Regards

Leigh

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Back