Sportrap - can it be taught?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ehb102

I've been taught to shoot the disciplines (skeet, DTL, ABT) and seem to learn reasonably well. I've had ESP coaching and have made lots of progress through that (I'm just lacking experience and the time to gain it). Can Sporttrap be taught or coached? Because I have a competition and if it can be taught or coached I need to book a lesson.

I've been taught to shoot the disciplines (skeet, DTL, ABT) and seem to learn reasonably well. I've had ESP coaching and have made lots of progress through that (I'm just lacking experience and the time to gain it). Can Sporttrap be taught or coached? Because I have a competition and if it can be taught or coached I need to book a lesson.
I don't know if they have coaches for that but in honesty Liz, its sporting and not too distant.  The hardest part of sportrap for me was remembering to look at what the shooter was shooting in the stand to the right of me because you are going to shoot those birds next time and it can be very helpful especially on simo pairs to see how they approach them.  

Just Sporting with out the walking. Any sporting coach will help you out.

But really it's just understanding what if any difference the different cage positions/angle to the targets or how to approach the sim pairs ie shoot one target faster or slower than you would prefer . 

It's great fun and takes less time than normal sporting. 

Its all about reading the targets in the simo pairs, speed & timing are the key factors !!

We have a layout as a pool shoot but will soon be buiding another layout & running 50 Reg Sportrap along side the 100 ESP Reg

It definitely can be taught and is a different game to sporting !! Inbox me for any details 

On 13/07/2016 at 4:05 PM, Sian said:
That's very kind, but it's over now. I didn't disgrace myself. Watching pepole on your right is only helpful if they are a good shot. If they are a bit rubbish you can't tell if they miss because they took the pair the wrong way around or if they just missed. I made my own decisions, which worked well enough.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's very kind, but it's over now. I didn't disgrace myself. Watching perpendicular on your right is only helpful if they are a good shot. If they are a bit rubbish you can't tell if they miss because they took the pair the wrong way around or if they just missed. I made my own decisions, which worked well enough.
The secret is to get on a squad with good shooters ?  

Back