Sporting shoots. Where - and how did it go?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Westfield, had a bit of wind / drizzle / sun, shot round with bro who started like a train then fell well and truly off the rails, one had a most enjoyable shoot, despite dropping some incomers (again ?) finished on 78 bro 62 and told his Mrs to hide all electrical appliances, two on 92 when I left, not busy, would add that it's been the only time I've shot the ground where I've not heard grumbles of sorts, no doubt some superstar will bang in nearer the 100 however as before out of first 50/60 scores only two in the 90's and all shooters seemed quite taken with the course. 

Widdington today. All flowed well, some long targets. Shot 87, nowhere near HG I imagine, which is ok, I'd had a layoff.
I wish I could say the same. First time shooting there and had a nightmare. Had a lesson yesterday so was trying gun down but was not doing me any favours. Even managed to blank stand 4. Went back to gun up and dropped 10 over the last 5 but the damage was done. John Heagren was following me and seemed to be hitting a lot - looks like he got a 97. The one positive is my score of 66 will get dropped.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish I could say the same. First time shooting there and had a nightmare. Had a lesson yesterday so was trying gun down but was not doing me any favours. Even managed to blank stand 4. Went back to gun up and dropped 10 over the last 5 but the damage was done. John Heagren was following me and seemed to be hitting a lot - looks like he got a 97. The one positive is my score of 66 will get dropped.
Definitely not your usual form Simon. Who was your lesson with?

Chip Smith. Lesson went well. Just gotta make that decision whether I go through the pain barrier and scores going backwards to ultimately get better. Mr Heagren said stick with it as will pay dividends.
Well they are both better shots than me. In fact they are so good they have overcome the disadvantage of shooting gun-down. ?

But seriously, when I shoot FITASC I consciously have to change hold points and timings on some targets. It's different and I still feel a definite disadvantage on some shots. 

Widdington today. All flowed well, some long targets. Shot 87, nowhere near HG I imagine, which is ok, I'd had a layoff.
hi will,did you shoot your 87 out of 98 or 100 ? as rabbit stand below wood should of been 5 pairs but many including myself only shot 4 pairs !! 

hi will,did you shoot your 87 out of 98 or 100 ? as rabbit stand below wood should of been 5 pairs but many including myself only shot 4 pairs !! 
Err.. dunno I counted 13 misses.. I think I shot 4 pairs there though.. Shot 5 pairs on the horrible big sim pair that the wind played havoc with. Can't recall another 5 pair at the moment.. aargh I did say to my mate on way home that it's the first time I hadn't looked at my card at the end. He handed them in. 

Err.. dunno I counted 13 misses.. I think I shot 4 pairs there though.. Shot 5 pairs on the horrible big sim pair that the wind played havoc with. Can't recall another 5 pair at the moment.. aargh I did say to my mate on way home that it's the first time I hadn't looked at my card at the end. He handed them in. 
Just checked my card and only 5 pair stand was 2 soba total of 98. How hard is it to count to 100.

you were in front of me will so would say you only shot at 98 targets my friend !! they changed it when i had left stand...as my brother shot late and shot 5 pairs on rabbit and left to right crosser ! 

you were in front of me will so would say you only shot at 98 targets my friend !! they changed it when i had left stand...as my brother shot late and shot 5 pairs on rabbit and left to right crosser ! 
Think it was stand 8, my card showed 5 pairs on it 

Enjoyed my weekend shooting.  If scores are up to date, I came 4th in Ladies at Jack Pyke which as Dan said was better than the Premier League shoot they held and bonus got all my driven.  Then after such a long day on Saturday got up early to get to Southdown for Sportrap and felt like a bag of poo, not enough sleep which for me means mega headache.  Took pills and soldiered on to enjoy testing Sportrap and Sporting, at a massive breakfast in between those two and came away with South of England Sporting Lady and South East of England Sportrap Lady.  

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back