Sporting shoots. Where - and how did it go?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I also fancied Purbeck today and it was lucky I checked up and found the cancelled notice last night.

I am surprised that there isn't demand for a midweek registered shoot in the south west peninsula for all the retired guys and girls.

Perhaps I'd better do their FITASC in a fortnight!

I think Schmokinn may well have called it right!

Do you do the Farmers' FITASC, Robert?

I did one last year and it's a long day for my weary body. I hadn't realised it was a "two sessions with lunch in between" affair. Of course the normal FITASC may be different. I will enquire.

I think Schmokinn may well have called it right!

Do you do the Farmers' FITASC, Robert?

I did one last year and it's a long day for my weary body. I hadn't realised it was a "two sessions with lunch in between" affair. Of course the normal FITASC may be different. I will enquire.
Normal Fitasc takes 6+ hours! Two layouts, a break, then two layouts is the "hurried" version that a lot of people are pushing for nowadays (me included). There are a lot of old boys out there with all day to kill and presumably a wife they are fed up with who like the old very long style.. 

On another note, I did College Farm esp reg today. It's on for three days. Did OK with 89. Rather blustery, but will be a LOT worse tomorrow it seems. The winner will be there on Friday I think..

I cancelled doing Owls Lodge tomorrow (in 50mph gusts) as that is pretty flat and the bunds there will make it a bit special as the clays rise above them. I'm tempted to go, have the great breakfast and just watch. ?

Do it Wll, I reckon the clubhouse could be full all day .. I'm going - I reckon "interesting" will be the call tomorrow.

Down on the coast at Bournemouth the wind has dropped considerably,it may not be that bad  :)

Oh well that didn't last long!

Last edited by a moderator:
Shooting at Owls was exciting to say the least.  Very strong winds, battling to stay upright and keep the barrels in the right direction.  Roof lifted off the trap shed and thankfully nobody walking down the path at the time it landed.  I felt as if this might have been similar to shooting pigeons with the way they can duck and dive.  I enjoyed it as I accepted it could have been a disaster from the very beginning and actually felt okay with my 73/100.

if it was as windy there as up north I cant believe anyone actually shot in it. Feet up by the log burner day ?

if it was as windy there as up north I cant believe anyone actually shot in it. Feet up by the log burner day ?
It really was very bad but we were all as mad as a box of chocolate frogs. 

Reactions: ips
I really enjoyed College Farm Wednesday and AGL today. A Doris day off in the middle was perfect I think..

Shot garlands last sunday 19 feb , really enjoyed it and a good course ,first time there an will be back ! Shot a 77 there which i was pleased with to say i havent shot any sporting since augest last year , would Like to have shot a mid 80,s score but messed that up was around 11 ,12 down on the first 4 stands , which i should have been around 5 down (hitting first pair then dropping 2,3 in the middle not good! ) then to top it off walked to the pool to look at the targets (£1150 pool ) an watched a shooter straighten it (brilliant to watch ) so a good enjoyable day 

Shot garlands last sunday 19 feb , really enjoyed it and a good course ,first time there an will be back ! Shot a 77 there which i was pleased with to say i havent shot any sporting since augest last year , would Like to have shot a mid 80,s score but messed that up was around 11 ,12 down on the first 4 stands , which i should have been around 5 down (hitting first pair then dropping 2,3 in the middle not good! ) then to top it off walked to the pool to look at the targets (£1150 pool ) an watched a shooter straighten it (brilliant to watch ) so a good enjoyable day 
Damn i thought that pool shoot had my name on it this week!!  :lol:

do you know who straighted it?

Damn i thought that pool shoot had my name on it this week!!  :lol:

do you know who straighted it?
James Woodcock, he was the only one to do it so scooped an extra £100,took him a good few attempts.

I was right up there with my 14

James Woodcock, he was the only one to do it so scooped an extra £100,took him a good few attempts.

I was right up there with my 14
Oh i dident no i turned up as he won , was akward on his final pair just as he opened his gun just before he loaded his cartridges his legs start wobbling an there was a few there everyone just did a akward stair at each other ( 2 ladies buttoning  haha ) but it was nice to see him do it an his reaction when the final clay broke .

Went to Horne as I thought it would be too crowded at Southdown.  Shot a 71.  If my maths is correct, I think that's just edged my current average into B class.  First time ever.
I did the same and Horne was fairly quiet except around the middle. Had a battery issue on Stand 8 so watched 12 other people struggle with it first so was very happy to straight it. Even GD dropped a couple on it. Finished on 87 which got me 2nd in B Class.

Hoping to get out of work early on Thursday and shoot Churchills.

Was 8 the l-r and r-l 'loopers'?  Had a bit of a wait there as well. Hit 5 out of the first 6 then missed the last pair.  Got complacent and drifted the gun through missing behind.  Seem to do that far to often...

I did the same and Horne was fairly quiet except around the middle. Had a battery issue on Stand 8 so watched 12 other people struggle with it first so was very happy to straight it. Even GD dropped a couple on it. Finished on 87 which got me 2nd in B Class.

Hoping to get out of work early on Thursday and shoot Churchills.
Well shot. But 87 shouldn't get you 2nd in B class. 87 should get you a win in A class.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back