Sporting shoots. Where - and how did it go?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ooo, just seen that Dartford has a Registered ESP shoot on this Sunday.  That's a rare occurrence.

Ooo, just seen that Dartford has a Registered ESP shoot on this Sunday.  That's a rare occurrence.
The first of 4 Kent selections no less, the others will be held at Willow Farm and Greenfields I believe. 

The first of 4 Kent selections no less, the others will be held at Willow Farm and Greenfields I believe. 
Karen at Willow Farm told me last week that they're doing a Registered shoot in June.  Looks like I'll be there two days on the trot as they have a Clubman League shoot on there the day before.

84 at Horne and 73 at Dartford.

Horne stand 7 had my number and cost me 5 targets when I tried to shoot it right hand bird first.

A few really good trying targets at Dartford. High, long going away looper on stand 9 was a reall challenge. Crossing bird on 12 was a lot further out than it looked and so was the fast away bird. Some interesting stuff in amongst the shrubbery and challenging visuon on the right, South west side of the pathway.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gunsite for me also. Another good layout by Sean.  Was pleased with an 88 . I thought it shot a couple of targets stiffer than last time I visited. Which made the 99 hg truly spectacular.

Shot hornet first thing good shoot today and took high gun with 96/100 really happy with that score,then went on to Westfield another brilliant shoot from Steve n crew think the first shoot took it out of me as only managed a 87/120?

Gunsite - very enjoyable and started off extremely well but let myself down on three stands at the end and finished on 76 but that was enough to win C class ?  Then on to Westfield which I thoroughly enjoyed and came 4th in class - 78/120.  Few there today I wish I could go back on Thursday and thrash out.  Lovely to see so many of you out today.

It seems I came 5th at Westfield rather than 4th, card in after I left so one clay ahead of me.  Still happy with 5th.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well shot at hornet leeroy, awesome shooting there, took a few scalps ?

New ground yesterday, 2nd Scottish team qualifier at County Clays (Hilton hotel Dunkeld)...good effort for their first registered shoot, even being 10 stands of 10. Got off to a horrendous start, misreading the first two stands I shot, both stands simo pairs, walked off both of them with 6/10, stands 10 and 9 (shot it in reverse)...dug in and shot 9's on the next 3 stands, two 10's, an 8 then a frustrating 6 on two loooong hanging crows were it was 11 00 11 00 11 WTF??? and a decent 9 to finish on 82 for the second week...Colin Will HG 94

84 at Horne and 73 at Dartford.

Horne stand 7 had my number and cost me 5 targets when I tried to shoot it right hand bird first.

A few really good trying targets at Dartford. High, long going away looper on stand 9 was a reall challenge. Crossing bird on 12 was a lot further out than it looked and so was the fast away bird. Some interesting stuff in amongst the shrubbery and challenging visuon on the right, South west side of the pathway.
that was a very testing layout the scores from the AA and AAA's tell how that was set up 

good fair but testing shoot felt the only thing it was missing was an edge on crosser with height and distance 

I shot it sh*te! stand 4 1/4 from the left away then a big battue first pair dusted 2nd pair dusted then didn't hit another i honestly was raging with myself!

that was a very testing layout the scores from the AA and AAA's tell how that was set up 

good fair but testing shoot felt the only thing it was missing was an edge on crosser with height and distance 

I shot it sh*te! stand 4 1/4 from the left away then a big battue first pair dusted 2nd pair dusted then didn't hit another i honestly was raging with myself!
Yeah we get all the easy shoots in Kent don't we  :D  HG 92 and anything over 80 was a fair effort, excellent course I thought. 

Yeah we get all the easy shoots in Kent don't we  :D  HG 92 and anything over 80 was a fair effort, excellent course I thought. 
Easy I tell you I threw my card in a huff, as far as i could and it didn't get within 30ft of a clay!went back to the club house and i'm not going to name people but some one you shoot against quite regularly and a very good shot told me his score and i felt much better! well set out and tough as an old boot!

Orston today for me shot a 74 was a few light of want i should have (doing my favourite dropping 3rd pairs on stands  or 4th pairs when ive hit them so no exscuses ) thought it was a bit on the hard side for me  today but really enjoyed it a .+ for me to see and shoot more testing targets

A relatively quiet trip to Westfield today as Gunsite was on. I had intended to make the trip south but had a few odd jobs to do so couldn't make the trip this time.

Looks like it was a fairly stiff setup, with Mr.Faulds taking HG with 113ex120. I didn't even bother adding my score card up at the end as I felt like I had shot terribly, but I was pleased to see that I had got 68ex120 which, at least, is over 50%. 

On wards and upwards. This sport isn't as easy as some people make it seem!

After two days of not so good shooting, but good targets and practise for our group from Finland, we went to Westfield. For us finns many of those pairs and targets where quit challenging as we don't see them at home. We enjoyed the targets a lot. Was happy to shoot 85%. Missed too many of socalled for us normal and familiar targets. Killing all on stand 6,    R/L curler from tower and L/R crosser slowing down, felt nice. 

Meadowcroft, drive down with Stew Keen where we met up and had a very pleasant shoot with Tony Pewsey Wez Carnell and Gareth Jones, grounds undergoing continued improvement which is good to see, only blight being the rather unsympathetic trap filling shoot stopping ground staff. 

The boys all, shot rather well, myself finding ever new ways to struggle less so, young Pete Dennet was leading when we left though there was still quite a few scores to come in.

Southdown ESP 100

A good shoot with good target setting. I've not been to Southdown in about 4 months and there are some noticable changes. Pathways all reworked, stands concreted and the surrounding areas lined with sleepers etc. The access track seemed much better than it was last year but then I've moved from a 2 seat sports car to a big 4*4 :)  Had one trap breakdown and one trap trash a stack of clays but all in all it's looking up.

They had a compact on that I was going to shoot but I backed out after a crap score on the Sporting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back