Sporting shoots. Where - and how did it go?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Trip to Weston today and was able to put a couple Shootclay faces to names and have a quick chat; it was nice to say thank you for my friends shooting lesson in person, Dan. I was hoping to catch you back at the clubhouse for at least a coffee. Hopefully next time!

After a day of landscaping and then a late night last night the wheels partially fell off this morning. Managed 59 though so only about 10% less than normal there which is good considering the standard of my shooting.

Was very refreshing having the whole loop open, barely any waiting at any stands. Brilliant! 

I went nowhere :( Full on man-illness coupled with viral conjunctivitis.  Eye drops and antibiotics :bye: for me for the rest of the week! 

I went nowhere :( Full on man-illness coupled with viral conjunctivitis.  Eye drops and antibiotics :bye: for me for the rest of the week! 
Poor you, hope you feel better soon.

Four counties and Westonwood for me today.  Four counties was extremely windy which made some stands quite exciting at times as the wind took your clays and blew a raspberry at you.  Got 64 there so can't complain then on to Westonwood started off badly which got into my head for a while but ended up on a 63.  Roll on Thursday for Owls Lodge.

Well I just can't connect with four counties. I think it's become a mental block now. I dropped 6 very straightforward targets on the first two stands, then fell apart on the real toughie over the field. A pair of sim distant r-l crossers, 3/10! Shot most of the rest of it well enough, but damage was done. I can't blame the ground. It was tough but I should do better there. I will be surprised if HG is much above 93 (unless RF goes who is uncanny there). 
HG was 92 - RF only managed a 90.

Last edited by a moderator:
Meadowcroft for me today 

It was getting a bit of a mental block 

like will mentioned in his post about his challenges with four counties 

I needed to card a 90 plus to feel as though I had done it justice 

started on a different part of the course to mix things up a bit 

started well and finished 93 so very happy and a big mental boost 

high gun Martin Myers Nigel hart 97

A 96 can't remember who 

95 turbo 

Me Andy moon Paul Thomas and John pool 93 

good round of targets and more work been done to tracks and pool shoot Area ?

a very windy Greenfields with what I would say were stiff but fair and hittable targets with a fair bit of thought needed put in a 77 (i think) which i was happy with gun altered and fitted last week so getting used to it. Good to see Hamster who was smashing anything in front of him!

Shot meadowcroft first thing,last shot   Here only managed 68,today had my head together and shot a 81 happy with that!whilst shooting the pool shoot could help but notice the green Range Rover coming down the track then decided to go down the field and slid down straight into some old boys land rover disco,someone's not going to be happy! Then on to four counties shot a 78 which I thought was a good finish as the way I started I was shocking .! High gun was 92 from Henry young well shot!

Sporting targets today. Tough in the wind and a solid 95 by Taylor hedgecock who I shot with. Met Ed Solomons in the gun shop and when he wasn't looking, cut a few of his cartridges open and dropped the shot out. Must have worked as I beat him.
what was your score chippy?

Went to Garlands today, really enjoyed it. Shot there a lot but never on a registered shoot (only shot 4 of them in the last 12 months since I started), so was great to 'discover' the wooded area at the back where the majority of the stands were. Shot 56/100 was ok with that. I'll certainly be back for the next one. Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back