Sporting shoots. Where - and how did it go?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I did owls at 11am. Well, it was an hour to get breakfast so shot at 12! Then 3.5 hours to go round, with their record entry of about 275 I think. A good course, plenty of decent stands but nothing horrible.

Maddening wait for q of 20 people on my last stand, 1, which was next to a constantly empty stand 2. Don’t know how we all managed that.. 

5I missed a stupid second pair on the rabbits, but otherwise just missed a few more as expected, finishing on 93. I hear it was straighted? Could be a rumour.. 
85 there for me should have been more

Saw a very smiley Sian on the way out must be feeling better.

Dean Gibbs straighted it

85 there for me should have been more

Saw a very smiley Sian on the way out must be feeling better.

Dean Gibbs straighted it
Thank you I am feeling almost normal.   I used Lola May today as Dora has just felt way too heavy whilst I’ve been sick so Lola’s back until I have regained my strength I think.  A lovely bright day and I enjoyed the shoot.

Stopped off at Coleys this morning whilst on the way to Screwfix for DIY supplies. 

Gun feels great, hoping that tomorrow’s trip to Garlands goes well! 

Stopped off at Coleys this morning whilst on the way to Screwfix for DIY supplies. 

Gun feels great, hoping that tomorrow’s trip to Garlands goes well! 
Off to “Screwfix for DIY supplies” oh Doug what have you got planned for that nice new gun ?

Is it

sunday - Garlands

monday - Longridge

thursday - EJChurchills

sunday - WestonWood

if so might well take a peek at this quite good looking new Rizzini at one of the latter three ?

Last edited by a moderator:
I've had a new PB over the Christmas period. Three shoots without straighting a stand. 
So have i - my lowest ever scores. I couldn't even scrape into 'c' class!!!! Turns out my eyes have changed and i now have a left dominant eye. Another bloody hurdle to get over. On the bright side, i now have 20/20 distance vision  :D

Went to Horne this morning. Almost did not go as was raining at home and pretty windy. Glad I went as was dry, warm and very little wind. Compared to last couple of comps I shot pretty well and only struggled on one stand. Finished on 84 so was happy with that.

There is often a lack of shooting etiquette / common sense at Horne as  I watched many people shove cards in the refs faces mid shoot. I did chuckle when one group got upset at someone else speaking to the ref 2nd pair in. Then one of them came back to question a score and did exactly the same thing.

Horne for me as well, with my brother and sister-in-law.  Far too many one and two aways.  Six stands where I finished on a 7.  Finished on a 75.

Bumped into Mr Hewland who described it as a fiddly shoot. Think that sums it up perfectly.  Fairly sure that most of my misses where in front.

Westfield for me on Friday,was feeling a little apprehensive as i had a meltdown there previously,usual mix of good imaginative targets,plenty that needed a chunk in front,finished on 89,nowhere in AA but I’m happy enough as I’ve only just moved back up.previous shoot at Weston Wood finished on 92 so a reasonable start to this classification.hopefully i can keep it up?

Went to Horne this morning. Almost did not go as was raining at home and pretty windy. Glad I went as was dry, warm and very little wind. Compared to last couple of comps I shot pretty well and only struggled on one stand. Finished on 84 so was happy with that.

There is often a lack of shooting etiquette / common sense at Horne as  I watched many people shove cards in the refs faces mid shoot. I did chuckle when one group got upset at someone else speaking to the ref 2nd pair in. Then one of them came back to question a score and did exactly the same thing.
Horne for us too just catching the rain on our last stand.  Couldn’t find the white one up on the platform just kept losing sight of it.  Had to wait for the stand with the midi overhead for about half an hour as they changed the R to L high trap.  Got on it and the midi one started playing up!  Same stand some man decided to question the ref over something during me shooting, tw*t.   Finished on an 80 I think.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Horne for us too just catching the rain on our last stand.  Couldn’t find the white one up on the platform just kept losing sight of it.  Had to wait for the stand with the midi overhead for about half an hour as they changed the R to L high trap.  Got on it and the midi one started playing up!  Same stand some man decided to question the ref over something during me shooting, tw*t.   Finished on an 80 I think.  
Seems that habit of interrupting shooters was catching today. Unfortunately many of the refs at Horne are too young / inexperienced to say no you need to wait.

That overhead was a mini. One of the few standa I actually straighted.

Seems that habit of interrupting shooters was catching today. Unfortunately many of the refs at Horne are too young / inexperienced to say no you need to wait.

Yes a dot just through me with no bird no bird.  Missed a couple.

* = i

* = a

When some one try’s to give me a card whilst somebody is shooting I always refuse it, if they persist then a simple “ pissoff” usually does the trick.

btw happy new year to one and all

Garlands today and a first outing with the new gun. Carded a whopping 68 ?

Must. Try. Harder. 

Longridge, Gloucester Clay Club and possibly Westfield tomorrow. I’m hoping that the law of averages should suggest I straight at least one stand tomorrow. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back