Sporting Shoots 2020

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Owls for us.  Very good shoot just unfortunate my gun broke and trying to shoot with someone else’s gun (I tried Andy Seaman’s K80 and Hew Stephen’s Perazzi) just does not work particularly when they are no way near the right size and you can barely reach the trigger.   I just gave up.  Should have called it a day when my one died just made my score even worse.
Sorry to read about the gun, would I be right in thinking you’ve had one or more such breakdowns? Now you’ve toyed with both a K80 & MX2000S do give the latter a good look, am of the opinion that everyone could do with a Perazzi in their shooting life. Trust you and Tony are well and am sure will see both your happy smiling faces soon.👍

Sorry to read about the gun, would I be right in thinking you’ve had one or more such breakdowns? Now you’ve toyed with both a K80 & MX2000S do give the latter a good look, am of the opinion that everyone could do with a Perazzi in their shooting life. Trust you and Tony are well and am sure will see both your happy smiling faces soon.👍
The spring went!   Tony currently trying to put new one back in but fiddly.   I like my DT10 so no swapping for me.  Unfortunately the two guns were so ill fitting I wouldn’t be able to say whether I liked them or not. 

Saturday 4th July - 100 Reg Sporting @ Owls Lodge Shooting School 

Sunday 5th July - 100 Reg Sporting @ Barbury Shooting School

Each shoot must be pre-booked with the relevant ground. Shoot both shoots that weekend and be entered into bonus prize fund for top combined scores! (each shoot has its own regular prize fund too)

Entries filling fast at both, book now to avoid disappointment! 

B2ED5205-476F-4FFF-B498-57CEA32AC6A8.jpeg

R

[SIZE=9pt]Mrs Sian Hoskins[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Membership No. EE126098[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]13/06/2020[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Dear Sian,[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Owls Lodge Shooting School - 13/06/2020[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Oops! It appears that you may have forgotten to hand in your scorecard at the above-mentioned shoot. Please contact the ground if you [/SIZE]did hand in your scorecard asking that they send the score to us.

[SIZE=9pt]If you [/SIZE]did not hand in your scorecard, please contact us to explain any extenuating circumstances. For future reference the CPSA’s rules oblige you to

• [SIZE=9pt]take good care of the scorecard if handed to you at the time of entry (rule 2.12) and[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]hand in your scorecard at the ground whether you have completed the course or not (rule 2.13).[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]The consequences of not complying with these rules are set out in full in Booklet Number 1 CPSA General and Technical Rules, which is available as a download from our website or in printed format on request.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Yours sincerely,[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]CPSA Team[/SIZE]

A fun and rewarding sport the whole family can enjoy together, why not give it a shot!

footer-landscape@2x.png

Don't let us get lost in your junk folder add [email protected] to your address book 
Clay Pigeon Shooting Association Limited (Company number #3146770), Edmonton House, National Shooting Centre, Bisley, Brookwood, Woking, Surrey, GU24 0NP

01483 485 400     [email protected]     @CPSAUK     www.cpsa.co.uk  

I then went to look at the scores and I don’t have one recorded.  Any way this was my response 

Come on now CPSA at the moment at registered shoots we don’t handle our score cards!    We don’t get them at all, the referee is the only person who handles them and I presume mine went with the rest of the squad cards to the office.   Maybe they thought it wasn’t worth it as my gun broke and I didn’t get to finish I have no idea.  I went from the last stand to my car as requested at shoots at the moment. 

Regards
Siân Hoskins

Sent from AOL Mobile Mail
Get the new AOL app: mail.mobile.aol.com

Last edited by a moderator:
The spring went!   Tony currently trying to put new one back in but fiddly.   I like my DT10 so no swapping for me.  Unfortunately the two guns were so ill fitting I wouldn’t be able to say whether I liked them or not. 
DT10's have the drop out trigger group.  Amount that you shoot it's probably worth your while looking out for one, would make it an easy swop if you ever got the problem again.

Not easy to find at a reasonable price though.

[SIZE=9pt]Mrs Sian Hoskins[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Oops! It appears that you may have forgotten to hand in your scorecard at the above-mentioned shoot. Please contact the ground if you [/SIZE]did hand in your scorecard asking that they send the score to us.

[SIZE=9pt]If you [/SIZE]did not hand in your scorecard, please contact us to explain any extenuating circumstances. For future reference the CPSA’s rules oblige you to

• [SIZE=9pt]take good care of the scorecard if handed to you at the time of entry (rule 2.12) and[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]hand in your scorecard at the ground whether you have completed the course or not (rule 2.13).[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]The consequences of not complying with these rules are set out in full in Booklet Number 1 CPSA General and Technical Rules, which is available as a download from our website or in printed format on request.[/SIZE]

A fun and rewarding sport the whole family can enjoy together, why not give it a shot!

Don't let us get lost in your junk folder add [email protected] to your address book 
Clay Pigeon Shooting Association Limited (Company number #3146770), Edmonton House, National Shooting Centre, Bisley, Brookwood, Woking, Surrey, GU24 0NP

I then went to look at the scores and I don’t have one recorded.  Any way this was my response 

Come on now CPSA at the moment at registered shoots we don’t handle our score cards!    We don’t get them at all, the referee is the only person who handles them and I presume mine went with the rest of the squad cards to the office.   Maybe they thought it wasn’t worth it as my gun broke and I didn’t get to finish I have no idea.  I went from the last stand to my car as requested at shoots at the moment. 

Regards
Siân Hoskins

Well written, can think of a few that would implode getting such a missive. 

Regards
Siân Hoskins

might be worth removing your address from this post.....

Yes you are probably right thank you. Can’t do it in the one you quoted.

Rich can you remove my address thank you.
Think Ive now done so. 

Gunsite today, as parked up heavens opened for brief downpour, most out got a soaking, it quickly stopped. Odd view from top of hill, ground is usually rammed, in today’s climate the 5 person squads made it look sparse, one did see Mr & Mrs Hoskins take the last stand with some style. 
Lucky for myself & squad we were blessed with fair weather for duration. Had a peak n trough shoot, some stands it went well and some others it didn’t, own errors / inabilities the cause.

Left before close, lots still out but James Bradley-Day & Brett Hand already put 99 on board, staggering. 

Think Ive now done so. 

Gunsite today, as parked up heavens opened for brief downpour, most out got a soaking, it quickly stopped. Odd view from top of hill, ground is usually rammed, in today’s climate the 5 person squads made it look sparse, one did see Mr & Mrs Hoskins take the last stand with some style. 
Lucky for myself & squad we were blessed with fair weather for duration. Had a peak n trough shoot, some stands it went well and some others it didn’t, own errors / inabilities the cause.

Left before close, lots still out but James Bradley-Day & Brett Hand already put 99 on board, staggering. 
Thank you and lovely to see you.  Rabbits were my weakness today, I forget Lola May is so light I just go too far in front.   Got caught in that rain it dried out.  Enjoyable round.

Shot the Clay Shooting Company registered shoot at Oakedge today. All squaded  and pre-booked. Felt well organised and safe. As usual, Steve put on some great targets. 76 won C class, so I was happy with my 73. All done in less than 90 minutes, with no queues despite over 200 entries. 👍🏻👍🏻 

Just returned from the EJ Churchill rainforest Esp reg shoot. The last two days the forecast said wet but remained dry. Today was the correction to that. The only saving grace was no wind and the nice paved areas at EJC. Ironically the concrete areas were wettest underfoot though, as couldn’t drain. Only a few stands were under their new covered areas. Thankfully I took a brolly. 

The shoot was excellent in itself, certainly not easy but nothing silly. A few long targets mixed in with everything else. 

I shot OK mostly but by stand 10 I was in big trouble with glasses badly misting up and it did cost me a few. I ended up shooting in just a short sleeved shirt with cap on backwards, looking like a damp ageing raver. Finished on 89 which was ok considering. Enjoyed it. Nice to sit outside and eat under their huge umbrellas on the smart new patio. My mate videod the pair I short worst on last stand. 😊

View attachment IMG_1821.mov

EJC  for us too, 11.45 start and it absolutely chucked it down the whole way round!  Good targets, good start for me, good end for me too but grouse butts area done me again.  Don’t know if it’s where I’m short,  but I just can’t get comfortable, I feel like I’m holding my gun so high just to get it over the wall it’s not natural. Stand 4 white going away and the floppy thing ended up with a 1.  Stand 5 floppy low incomer and high quartering away hit only the high ones, and stand 6 a big fat smiley face 0.  Not had one of those for a long time!  Like Will said, it was chucking it down, very humid so glasses steaming up constantly but nice to be out.  Oh and the burger after was absolutely scrummy.  🤗

EJC  for us too, 11.45 start and it absolutely chucked it down the whole way round!  Good targets, good start for me, good end for me too but grouse butts area done me again.  Don’t know if it’s where I’m short,  but I just can’t get comfortable, I feel like I’m holding my gun so high just to get it over the wall it’s not natural. Stand 4 white going away and the floppy thing ended up with a 1.  Stand 5 floppy low incomer and high quartering away hit only the high ones, and stand 6 a big fat smiley face 0.  Not had one of those for a long time!  Like Will said, it was chucking it down, very humid so glasses steaming up constantly but nice to be out.  Oh and the burger after was absolutely scrummy.  🤗
I can see how the grouse butts wouldn’t be friendly if you are below a certain height.

Stand 6 was a fair pair of targets. The l-r needed about 6 feet as I see it and the long r-l was more like 9-10 feet and care to read the line as it flattened out, so easy to be high and behind. Missed two of those. 

I’ve long said there are one or three stands at EJC which handicap the shorter shooters. The grouse butt can be a real pain if you have to contend with anything thrown low, the stand with the steps and the metal bin shoved in directly in front means having tho lift the gun into an unnatural posture just to clear it before saying pull, you then have to be careful you don’t bang the barrel as you go to unload ! Lovely place but let down by some glaringly obvious faults. 

I’ve long said there are one or three stands at EJC which handicap the shorter shooters. The grouse butt can be a real pain if you have to contend with anything thrown low, the stand with the steps and the metal bin shoved in directly in front means having tho lift the gun into an unnatural posture just to clear it before saying pull, you then have to be careful you don’t bang the barrel as you go to unload ! Lovely place but let down by some glaringly obvious faults. 
It really is my bug bear with certain grounds and I must admit I need to give myself a real talking too as I talk myself out of these targets before I’m even in the stand. I knew the quick dropping target on 4  would be my bogey bird and I should’ve told myself to double barrel the first target if I missed it but I got so frustrated and being first in didn’t help.  Stand 5 I concentrated more and came out with half but I then carried it on the next stand and blanked.  Normally I really don’t have a problem with long targets but these ones I did.  Rest of shoot I shot well, hit some good targets, only dropped 1 on seven stands.  Still getting used to gun and have booked in for next one so can’t be that bad! Just need to find a practice stand where I can shoot loads of quick dropping low targets! 

I can see how the grouse butts wouldn’t be friendly if you are below a certain height.

Stand 6 was a fair pair of targets. The l-r needed about 6 feet as I see it and the long r-l was more like 9-10 feet and care to read the line as it flattened out, so easy to be high and behind. Missed two of those. 
Donna Before lockdown I took to asking for something to stand  on at EJC for certain stands and they do bring something.

Ok i dont know what im talking about having never gone down into the grouse butts ,but from shooting in wheelchair have come across many stands where hight is a problem.

if possible i go as far back in the stand as i can to give me a better picture. Not sure if thats helpful or even relevant in this situation.

Back