Southdown SE Inter Counties 5/6 Apr

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i didnt have time to shoot this event , but the scores do look high to me , and saying that i am not taking anything away from anybody that shot a high score because i know what it takes to keep filling them in and well done chris broomfield , must have been total concentration from the word go .

the only gripe i heard at weston wood yesterday was there were too many stands on top of each other and too many going away targets , i know more than most to get the balance right is a nightmare and we will always get some moaning from some people that are renowned for it but to be honest these dont count in the whole scheme of things

i have personnally got four major shoots to set this year and i wonder how many of these four will i get right ???/

steve
. All 4 I would bet!! Too many soft shoots in Kent and Sussex area!! Just look at the amount of AA and AAA scores from that area!! Need to get out more!!

What I pick up from a shoot is fairly meaningless to me. If it was money based and I wanted £150 that much I'd do 2 hours more work..!

For me, specifically on an England qualifier, it should be about the targets. And no, it should not be set up to cater for club shooters as this is one of the few shoots per year that has the specific purpose of finding the best shots. That course did not do it. They could have replaced 2-3 of the bird that were a bit of a wasted of a clay and put a separator bird on, and it would have been closer to the mark.

We should be able to toughen these shoots up without fear of people moaning. They can shoot club level registered birds the other 51 weeks a year.
. Spot on Ed!! A few English members shot the first Welsh sporting qualifier, they didn't score near their scores at the English qualifier!! We had a very good testing shoot high gun overall 87/100, 90s were definately a possibility, just so many stands where to loose targets!!

. All 4 I would bet!! Too many soft shoots in Kent and Sussex area!! Just look at the amount of AA and AAA scores from that area!! Need to get out more!!
Where did you get the info from please ? Genuinely interested, it's just the sort of data I like browsing. We could ponder how many World, European, and domestic title winners Kent and Sussex have produced versus other areas ?! Do you have a breakdown of all the areas ? If it turns out a given place has a lower than average AA output, do we put it down to fewer shoots, harder layouts or generally less talent ? 

Where did you get the info from please ? Genuinely interested, it's just the sort of data I like browsing. We could ponder how many World, European, and domestic title winners Kent and Sussex have produced versus other areas ?! Do you have a breakdown of all the areas ? If it turns out a given place has a lower than average AA output, do we put it down to fewer shoots, harder layouts or generally less talent ? 
Hamster, Look on the CPSA website and choose rankings from the left hand column, then choose sporting and your chosen county from the grid it shows.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hampster, Look on the CPSA website and choose rankings from the left hand column, then choose sporting and your chosen county from the grid it shows.
Thanks for that :)  , almost never go on the CPSA site and certainly hadn't realised there was so much stats available. 

By no means random but to make a point issue 45 lists :

22 AA/AAA's in Sussex out of 201 shooters (10.9%),

25 AA/AAA's in Kent out of 168 (14.88%),

28 AA/AAA's in Staffordshire out of 183 shooters (15.3%),

31 AA/AAA's in Yorkshire out of 254 shooters (12.2%),

18 AA/AAA's in Cheshire out of 107 shooters (16.8%),

10 AA/AAA's in Dorset out of 65 shooters (15.4%),

6 AA'AAA's in Scotland out of 36 shooters (16.7%).

I don't know about you but I think it would be very hard to draw meaningful conclusions with so many variables and unknowns involved ! Kent did come second in the inter counties though and won it last year so the easy shoots don't seem to hurt.

Given that AAA/AA are the top 15% nationally, that lot looks as expected.

The CPSA site is very good these days for stats. You can see where you rank in your county and even adjust the figures to discount anybody who has shot fewer than a certain amount of targets. You can easily waste half a hour on there..:)

Back