Some cleaning questions.

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought using used ones means you wouldn't have to oil the barrels afterwards.

Slap a bit of lube on a new one and use it like a pull through  :smile:
They need to put longer strings on them to do that :lol:

good idea to use that method once a month

Last edited by a moderator:
My gun is a Miroku Mk-38 but generally i use beretta gun oil and barrel detergent . This is what i did

5. Remove ejectors and clean / remove any light rust that might be on them.
I have a Mk38 and understand there is a screw that holds the ejector in place but I can't see it so where abouts is it and is it an easy job to do?

Slide the ejector along until the screw is accessible through a hole in the ejector. Screwdriver gets it out.

I have a Mk38 and understand there is a screw that holds the ejector in place but I can't see it so where abouts is it and is it an easy job to do?
Ya its very easy. As will said . Remove ther barrels from the gun and slide the ejectors all the way forward and you should see a flat head screw in the hole . Just unscrew that and the ejector should slide out 

Ya its very easy. As will said . Remove ther barrels from the gun and slide the ejectors all the way forward and you should see a flat head screw in the hole . Just unscrew that and the ejector should slide out 
I take it the screw is very small then?

Miroku / Browning ,

Yes the ejector slide retraining screw is very small , often very tight , and often the screw head snaps off or the screw gets lost if you do not take care and / or use the correct sized turn screw and turn anti-clockwise. :eek:

Miroku / Browning ,

Yes the ejector slide retraining screw is very small , often very tight , and often the screw head snaps off or the screw gets lost if you do not take care and / or use the correct sized turn screw and turn anti-clockwise. :eek:
I'll not embarrass you by asking how it is you came to that information.

Miroku / Browning ,

Tempted not to bother now.   I do spray with Legia and clean the underside with cotton buds.

Back