Soft 28g cartridge

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Point taken Les but there is nothing wrong with my mount and nothing will help the neck problem I can go for 6 months we no issues then I can have problems for 6 months. Pretty sure that recoil does not bring it on but looking for as light a load as possible as a preventative thing just in case.

Gamebore evo look interesting as they do 24g as well ?
I use the Gamebore Evo 24g and love them.

Not in the Gambore Evo but I did try the Power Blue 28g  - forget who make them now and found them to be very soft but I think you have already tried them and were not that impressed.

Yes I tried the power blue they were ok but didn't blow me away they were softish but not soft enough.

PS

I have become an old wreck :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you thought about sticking a Isis Xpad on?? Not tried one myslef but I hear very good things about them?

In fact if I don't go down the Evocomp stock route I will put one myself. Even if i do go down that route I will put one on.

DT

Hi, Hull competition x very soft have shot them on and off for many years you will not find a softer 28 gram cartridge unless you use there 21 gram load which is even faster and very soft indeed.

Happy shooting.

Never really considered it to be honest. I like soft cartidges such as 24g as less muzzle flip as well as felt recoil, don't think any recoil pad would help with flip but I could be wrong. Never really noticed recoil in the past this is more of a long term damage limitation exercise.

Hi, Hull competition x very soft have shot them on and off for many years you will not find a softer 28 gram cartridge unless you use there 21 gram load which is even faster and very soft indeed.

Happy shooting.
Will look into those as well then many thanks.

I've tried them all incuding Clever, Hull comp X are the softest I can find and I use them on sporting and  75% of fitasc targets!

ever thought of trying 27gram 71/2 hull super fast ? very smooth and very fast cartridge and easy on the pocket too.. :thumbsu:

Gamebore eco's are pretty good on recoil. I must admit been thinking about trying the hull super fast or the 28 gram comp x also. Just got to find some locally in fibre wad.

ever thought of trying 27gram 71/2 hull super fast ? very smooth and very fast cartridge and easy on the pocket too.. :thumbsu:
very interesting 27g eh, will have a look at that idea. How much per k do we know velocity and antimony ?

Found it online 1500 fps, wow they are fast. Defo try some of them hope there as soft ss you say. Need to find a north wedt stockist.

edit

have a stockist 2 miles away 157 per k. So defo going to get some for weekend.

Found it online 1500 fps, wow they are fast. Defo try some of them hope there as soft ss you say. Need to find a north wedt stockist.
trust me they are very smooth and give very good kills....ive been using them for around two years now and with good results..I get them at 160 per 1000.

Thanks not shot hull for about 20 yrs if these are as soft through my gun as they are through yours then we may have a winner. Will report back after weekend.

I use Evo in 28g plastic more than anything else now and it's the only 28g she'll I've been comfortable using in my O/U. I'm not a fan of recoil and compared to the (many) others I've tried it feels softest to me but also feels usefully 'quick'.

The other soft shooting 28g shell I tried was the Clever T2 as has been said before, I'd say they were even nicer to shoot than the Evo and about the same price. Problem was I couldn't get anywhere near me so would be paying a £35 delivery charge premium to shoot them.

One of the nicest shells I've used were Hull Intercomps but they're only available in 24g.

Rc2's are worth considering at around the £180/1000 rate. I found these a smooth cartridge through my gun.

Moved to White gold 28g after an old neck injury flaired up shooting Olympics never looked back very smooth and no punch through a Perazzi and a green pad. £192 ish

Latest posts

Back