Site Idea - would love your opinion...Cartridge Price Tracker

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, so everyone is talking about cartridges and it is all focusing on price. So from my professional perspective I was really curious to see what people look for in cartridges - away from price. So I have put together a survey on what you rate in the cartridges you use - it is not the shortest, but it will give some meaningful data. The key angle I am looking at is individual perception of different cartridges, do the majority of people choose cartridges for the same reason - except price??

And here is a little sweetener for you. If you fill it in you get the chance to win one of 2 places on one of my Masterclasses, or have an individual session with me.

http://www.clayshootingsuccess.co.uk/cartridgesurvey.html

So is mine but I have a convertor thingy :) sure someone less of a luddite will be along soon to advise :D

My wife tried to download a "convertor thingy"............the resulting virus almost killed the pc!!! :eek: :angry: :yell:

Ok, so everyone is talking about cartridges and it is all focusing on price. So from my professional perspective I was really curious to see what people look for in cartridges - away from price. So I have put together a survey on what you rate in the cartridges you use - it is not the shortest, but it will give some meaningful data. The key angle I am looking at is individual perception of different cartridges, do the majority of people choose cartridges for the same reason - except price??

And here is a little sweetener for you. If you fill it in you get the chance to win one of 2 places on one of my Masterclasses, or have an individual session with me.

http://www.clayshoot...idgesurvey.html
Phil, what criteria do the shells have to meet to be considered "budget" or "premium"? Thanks

Phil, what criteria do the shells have to meet to be considered "budget" or "premium"? Thanks
That is a good question, there are some at the lower price scale that you would see as budget. Again down to perception, sorry for someone who deals in facts I cant answer this question too comprehensively.

Phil,

I had a look at this yesterday and there are a awful lot of brands that I have never used, so do you want an opinion of them but put n/a in the recoil/ performance boxes or do I leave them all blank?

Andy

Only looking for answers on the brands you use, I know there are lots on there, but just choose your one - I am conscious some shooters use more than one cartridge, so giving the option.

Thanks to everyone.

The idea is sound in principle but the issue is not finding the cheapest supplier, it`s how to get to that supplier and collect them! ... I have said this before, the only way to make savings is to bulk import/buy ...

Interesting to see this thread burst back into life... clearly current prices are an issue for people (me as well).

I'm still trying to formulate the ideas - but I'm sure there is something that a 'popular' website could do to make cartridge pricing more transparent and create some competition in the market. Either by marking the prices, or creating competition.

Interesting thread. If it's any help, we're in the process of organising a plan to 'bulk-buy' via our own consortia which should allow us to bring the prices down, and allow individuals within the consortium to take slabs of 1 or 2,000 (or more) each, and have the delivery made to one place where pick ups can be made - e.g. if anyone or a group of five want a pallet of 10,000 or more, then all they have to do is name one address and it will be delviered there FOC. We're thinking of 20,000 and upwards - we're still running the maths but it's looking achievable as long as we get enough folks on board - currently starting with Fiocchis.

If you give us some time, like I say, we're in the planning stages at the moment, then I'll be happy to share the details with anyone who's interested. Initially, please PM me or post below here for complete transparency for signs of interest in principle.

Cheers,

Bren.

Its a good idea if we can eventually save some cash, however not doing anything about it, wont help bring down prices, so its thumbs up from me too

So far that's three here who think it's a worthwhile endeavour - including 'Likes', PMs and the above from Harley.

Any more for any more? Needless to say, the more interest we get, the cheaper this puppy's gonna be.

Just looking for 'interest in principle' at the moment and not commitment - we can sort that out when we come back with prices. :)

I think the idea is great, but getting enough people in one area, who want the same cartridge may be a difficult call?

Thanks for all the feedabck guys and gals - please keep them coming - the more the merrier :)

I hope to come back to you all shortly with a map out of the plan - discussing it tonight with our friendly importer who's looking to offer us as near as damn it trade price on the shipment and quanitities.

More when I have it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back