Should I have a go?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like I need to have a go then.   I have fixed 1/4 & 1/2 chokes will they manage the distance shots?

Thanks

Looks like I need to have a go then.   I have fixed 1/4 & 1/2 chokes will they manage the distance shots?

Thanks
Do you have a barrel selector?

Might be worth getting some carts that "pattern tight" F-Blacks perhaps...to help with the more rangey birds....

Have used 500 recently after an emergency purchase - no misfires (only operator error) and a decent shell for the price. 

Just on a misfire story; saw a first for me yesterday. Shooter in front of me pulled the trigger - there was almost no report noise - and the shot / wad came out of the gun and made it about 10 feet. I assume the primer went off but failed to ignite the main propellant.

Squib, can be dangerous! Have seen similar where the sh*t tricked out the barrel when gun opened plaswad was in the barrel theory was no powder in the shell and or faulty primer

very off the OP`s topic, but a squib is very dodgy, any abnormal `shot` needs checking I have seen a few, and a few blow-ups too,,,

all have been reloads,,and all have been multiport progressive loaders, seems that a snag happens, then a restart, and oops! I have had one where insufficient propellant,, and two with a double charge !!!, having said that, I have done thousands of reloads, and made all the shot too,,, much cheaper to reload in SA. ,   but you can NEVER be too careful.

it is likely that in Wills story, , no propellant? interesting to know what the cartridge was.

might be worth a chat if anyone reloads on here.

Back