Shotkam

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's probably the shoes Lloyd way to much distraction going on down there šŸ˜‰

Yes. the floor boards are in the direction of the KP. I shoot from the left shoulder, so in the photos I'm shooting to the right. Though from some of my misses I may as well be shooting behind me for all the differenceĀ it would make!

Lloyd I don't understand your foot position really. If you are left handed then you should be shooting off your right foot not your left. Going by the pictures the one that gets closest to that is the second picture. I must be missing something otherwise your weight distribution is wrong. I am right handed I always, the same as any right handed shooter, shoot off my left foot. Sorry but looking at the photos you have posted you have a major problem there... if you are a left handed shooter.

@jwpzx9r

Hope this Photo helps explain better. This would be my normal stance.Ā 
0C120647-47D4-4B5A-A5D6-3EEE307843E1.jpeg

Just a sanity check, from that position I can comfortably swing about 100 degrees clockwise and about 180 counterclockwise .

I guess given the angles of articulation maybe I should be positioning about another 30-40 degrees clockwise?Ā 
Ā 

@ColinD

I changed shoes to make it less distracting šŸ˜

6DDF2604-B2CC-4204-8CBC-510A5438E47A.jpeg@jwpzx9r

maybe I should be standing more like this then?
Ā 

@ColinD

The shoes... Just for you šŸ˜

Last edited by a moderator:
I see Lloyd you've now got pointers on the shoes to help as well as a big arrow on the floor šŸ˜„

I can never get my feet quite right either, but thats mostly due to the grounds I shoot sporting on not being totally flat, unlike like when it's shown in most training videos

Noooooo just how many pairs have you got

Lloyd I shoot trap and so things are a bitĀ different I am trying to be in position to hit two extreme targets but for me you feet are just slightly too favouring a leftĀ handed target ?... but if you already know the target is leftĀ handed then it is probably quite correct :lol: Ā I see you have change the photograph ... and the baffies so the second one is probably more correct. GD shoots more straight forward because of his size his acreage does cover quite an arc so footing for him is probably ... like himself ... unique. Anybody who can hit targets out to over one hundred meters and win more than 20 WC's is allowed to have their own rules :lol:

Thanks @jwpzx9rĀ and others

Indeed, GD and others have more than earned their right to do things their own way.Ā 
To some extent I think we all are. IĀ guess it depend if like me you feel yourĀ realistic hopes are maybe after five or ten years you might scrape into A class if youā€™re very Ā lucky, so itā€™s perhaps more important that I enjoy what Iā€™m doing over fretting over how technically perfect Iā€™m being.Ā I find at my early stage that mental positivity is having a better impact on hits thanĀ having many small details that may be distracting for the short term. Though I guess thereā€™s the argument for not developing bad habits.

this has been a really interesting topic and I really appreciate all the time and effort everyone has givenĀ up to contribute to my learning. Iā€™ll certainly try these things out this weekend and Iā€™ll feedback what my initial impressions are.Ā 
Ā 

I wonder if youā€™re right about favouring left to right targets. Perhaps my stance is a subconscious leaning in that direction?Ā Certainly I find L-R harder for target acquisition but easier (more confident)Ā to hit.

I canā€™t wait to get out on Saturday and learn more

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks @jwpzx9rĀ and others

Indeed, GD and others have more than earned their right to do things their own way.Ā 
To some extent I think we all are. IĀ guess it depend if like me you feel yourĀ realistic hopes are maybe after five or ten years you might scrape into A class if youā€™re very Ā lucky, so itā€™s perhaps more important that I enjoy what Iā€™m doing over fretting over how technically perfect Iā€™m being and I find at my early stage that mental positivity is having a better impact on hits thanĀ having many small details that may be distracting for the short term. Though I guess thereā€™s the argument for not developing bad habits.

this has been a really interesting topic and I really appreciate all the time and effort everyone has givenĀ up to contribute to my learning. Iā€™ll certainly try these things out this weekend and Iā€™ll feedback what my initial impressions are.Ā 
Ā 

I wonder if youā€™re right about favouring left to right targets. Perhaps my stance is a subconscious leaning in that direction?Ā Certainly I find L-R harder for target acquisition but easier (more confident)Ā to hit.

I canā€™t wait to get out on Saturday and learn more
In general a LĀ - R target would be considered a harderĀ target for a right handedĀ handed trap shooter because of the tendency to pull the gun offĀ the face where as with a left hander you are pulling the gun onto the face.Ā 

Back