Shotgun Cartridges, Colour Coding

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tiffany Lees

My name is Tiffany Lees and I am a student studying BA (Hons) Business Management.

As part of my final year dissertation project, I am investigating whether the procedure of colour coding shotgun cartridge cases, should be reintroduced as standard industry practice to promote user safety, or whether it's not necessary.

Shooting is a passion on mine, and I wanted to include it within my dissertation topic. I am therefore asking if you would agree to participate in my research by answering a very short questionnaire. I would be very grateful to hear your thoughts on this matter. 

Just click the link: http://goo.gl/forms/TplbvxFJk2

Thank you.

Bollocks you want to put brail on the side of them as well l.o.l.

DTL  shooters could be made to shoot pink ones
hmmm-2.gif

I was told by a professional / expert fashion guru that I should wear checks and pink.  I rarely wear check and I don't wear pink, but I do shoot DTL about once a month!

:fie:

Done.......................but......... (the rest is edited due to strong views on the subject!)

Best of luck with your BA (Hons).   :biggrin:

May we hear your views, TopDog? A debate on the subject would be welcome i'm sure.

I too have filled in the questionnaire. I too have a view - that it's a good idea to reserve yellow for 20 bore, and that it's a good idea to review safety matters generally.

Cartridge colour is an easy option, a cheap option, and it's been loosely observed by some in the past. If it helps to save a hand or a life or someone's eyesight then as it doesn't impact on anything else surely it's a good idea?

There's scope for looking at chamber lengths, too, at least in this country. Perhaps traditional orange/brown (Old style Eley Grand Prix) for 2 1/2". Perhaps something else for 3", leaving the field wide open in the 2 3/4" market for graphic designers to do their worst.

May we hear your views, TopDog? A debate on the subject would be welcome i'm sure.

I too have filled in the questionnaire. I too have a view - that it's a good idea to reserve yellow for 20 bore, and that it's a good idea to review safety matters generally.

Cartridge colour is an easy option, a cheap option, and it's been loosely observed by some in the past. If it helps to save a hand or a life or someone's eyesight then as it doesn't impact on anything else surely it's a good idea?

There's scope for looking at chamber lengths, too, at least in this country. Perhaps traditional orange/brown (Old style Eley Grand Prix) for 2 1/2". Perhaps something else for 3", leaving the field wide open in the 2 3/4" market for graphic designers to do their worst.
Charles, I will be pleased to give my views on the subject but I didn't want to hijack this thread to do it. I'm the world's worst for taking things off track as you are probably aware. I'm trying to be good in 2015. :biggrin:

If you would like to debate it please start a new thread, but be afraid, be very afraid, it might not be what you want to hear??  :sarcastic: (And it will go to at least 6 pages?)

Latest posts

Back