Shotgun Bead Sights.....

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For the sake of any new shooters finding this at all confusing i think we need to clarify one thing.

No one is talking about focusing or looking at the front sight the debate is regards to awareness of the sight in ones peripheral vision or secondary vision.

For the sake of any new shooters finding this at all confusing i think we need to clarify one thing.

No one is talking about focusing or looking at the front sight the debate is regards to awareness of the sight in ones peripheral vision or secondary vision.
You just lost the newbies IPS.

I think if people want to take of the bead..and it makes them happy....then let them....(No skin off our nose and you can only try to be helpful).

People will always make up their own mind what they do and only they have to live with the consequences.

If the bead bothers people......Lordy lordy.....I hope they do not see their hand and fingers holding the fore end.....I mean in reality....they are right in the perif vish.....

And on that chain saw massacre thought....I am off for a Pink Gin.......chin chin :wink:

I'm thinking of removing my bead, only because after about 1000 times inserting the gun, my slip has a hole in the lining where the barrel enters. The bead has cut a slot. All snagged up and irritating.

I sometimes stick a big blob of chewie on top of mine when shooting trap if I have been slashing over the top of the high right or lefts. Works a treat.

Mind you would not advise it for everyone....you need a level of experience to operate bubblegum. I find that Hubba Bubba is the best sticker, where as Bazooka handles the recoil shock better.

Also beginner peeps.....don't try it if you use a gun slip........I never use a gun slip....I always carry my gun over my shoulder trapppiissta style to ensure that I never ever get 'Papped' and put in the Lavi mag......!!

Hope that helps.

P.s. You have to keep the gun swinging with the accommodation for extra weight. I would not advise full packet blobs unless you are at least B class or above.

Last edited:
I sometimes stick a big blob of chewie on top of mine when shooting trap if I have been slashing over the top of the high right or lefts. Works a treat.

Mind you would not advise it for everyone....you need a level of experience to operate bubblegum. I find that Hubba Bubba is the best sticker, where as Bazooka handles the recoil shock better.

Also beginner peeps.....don't try it if you use a gun slip........I never use a gun slip....I always carry my gun over my shoulder trapppiissta style to ensure that I never ever get 'Papped' and put in the Lavi mag......!!

Hope that helps.

P.s. You have to keep the gun swinging with the accommodation for extra weight. I would not advise full packet blobs unless you are at least B class or above.

Class .... :)

I always seem to have a great big bit of fluff on mine.
The most informative post so far AFAIC.  Subjective observations can often be the most revealing.  Or at least entertaining.  maybe a selfie??

So now at page four of the projected six

Aside from Sian's revelation I've not detected the enlightenment yet.

but I live in hope

Charlie

Keep cool Charlie only 2 pages to go then all will be revealed :)

Latest posts

Back