Shooting wagon?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if I had it I would sleep with it......but I would be very gentle ?

if I had it I would sleep with it......but I would be very gentle ?
I love it more every time I shoot it.. to be honest when I got the gun I really didn't appreciate it, it took a fitting and use to love it,  ow I would choose to use it over everything else.

Thinking of a truck for shooting, probably Navarra techsomething 190ps, the only one with multilink suspension so quite SUV like, any reason why not? Thanks.

Why a truck and what sort of shooting, and what budget ? 

As a family we seem to carry all of the crap in the world around, Tourag is too small in boot, needs to be 4wd as living in sticks wading is important, plus with deer stalking next year a truck is the simple choice..

As a family we seem to carry all of the crap in the world around, Tourag is too small in boot, needs to be 4wd as living in sticks wading is important, plus with deer stalking next year a truck is the simple choice..
Trucks don't really have a boot though so for example carrying suitcases to the airport or perhaps even guns to shoots means safety is compromised if you need to leave the vehicle unattended for any reason. 

Actually, with a back box you can get alarm and central locking so no worse than a 4x4, but a good point.  It's very rare that I leave anytng uatttended in the car, certainly not guns..

Disco commercial  with privacy glass and rear seat conversion, loads about, Just as refined and capable as the car version

Disco commercial  with privacy glass and rear seat conversion, loads about, Just as refined and capable as the car version
Be very careful with commercials with a rear seat added, land-rover garages now won't touch them on a trade in and the tax man is onto them if your looking to put them through on commercial benefit in kind tax.

Be very careful with commercials with a rear seat added, land-rover garages now won't touch them on a trade in and the tax man is onto them if your looking to put them through on commercial benefit in kind tax.
Understandable from Jaguar Land Rover, but really strong demand in every other aspect of the market and the power, image refinement and residual would still make this my number one selection.

Understandable from Jaguar Land Rover, but really strong demand in every other aspect of the market and the power, image refinement and residual would still make this my number one selection.

Thanks, I had heard something along these lines
Don't get me wrong they are one if the best vehicles on the road, I have had a D3 auto and I'm now running one of the 8 speed D4's. Absolutely outstanding vehicles that are a pleasure to drive. If buying second hand you need a good non main dealer garage though. The 255 sequential turbo 3.0 SDV6 8 speed auto is a fantastic drive and the paddle shift is good to use if you fancy having a bit of input into gear changes.

I believe Hmrc prosecuted one of the main suppliers for rear seat conversions in an attempt to kerb it.

I like the look of the D5..
The weight saving will be good for the D5, but the price is creeping up and I don't think they are offering a commercial in the D5. Think it hits the streets in spring next, our local dealer has one in the showroom for 1 day in late November to showcase.

I considered the mitsubishi shogun when I bought my D3 but the difference was enormous, the shogun  was very unrefined compared to the disco.

Just make sure you've got AA membership if your buying Land Rover

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back