Shooting and watches

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geffg

Random Question but does anyone shoot with their “posh“ watch on? Just bought an expensive watch and wondering if it’s ok to shoot with it on due to the mechanicals getting jolted each time. Probably over thinking things but dont wanna cause it any damage.

I avoid shooting with my best watches, but due to concern about clay shatter damage. Also bigger watches less comfortable and can snag up on clothing. Never worried about recoil damaging a watch. I’ve worn same watch shooting for 15 years.

Shot , worked , slept for 40 years wearing my posh watch .It was bought because it was a tough stainless steel sports watch , long before the brand became synonymous with yuppies and buying for investment . Shooting in it is probably the least damaging thing I’ve done wearing it but every nick and ding is a memory in itself . The only thing I won’t do now is fish in it . It’s been serviced 4 times in 40 years , I’ve broken the bracelet and lost the bezel twice . Couldn’t bare to lose it now so I bought stainless Ranger for fishing .

Having had a recent chat with a posh-watch-salesperson, I can relay his answer to my question regarding clay shooting. He actually did a bit of shooting of his own, and he said that in his opinion, if the watch is worn on the hand holding the forearm, there's really no worry. He was less sure of wearing it on the trigger hand, but also said he wasn't aware of any damage reports from shooting sports. Golf is a different story, and apparently pretty bad for a mechanical watch. Weird thing is that the 'boutique' was filled with pictures of golf, yet with none of the players wearing the watch being advertised. Marketing is a strange business.

Random Question but does anyone shoot with their “posh“ watch on? Just bought an expensive watch and wondering if it’s ok to shoot with it on due to the mechanicals getting jolted each time. Probably over thinking things but dont wanna cause it any damage.
In terms of any issues relaying to recoil, I have never had a problem with any of my 'posh' watches while shooting. Now, problems with the stock and/or forehand getting scratched on my watches is a different thing all together!

Latest posts

Back