Shooting in the midlands

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phil

Hi, my name is Phil and I shoot with my wife, Donna. We used to shoot sporting and fitasc about 15 years ago in the midlands, ie Keith Roes and Jim Nevilles. What grounds would you recommend for sporting and fitasc in the Derbyshire, Notts and Leicestershire area? I currently shoot mainly at Southdown in the South East and Star Gun Club.

Welcome aboard Phil... any questions, please give me a shout - enjoy your stay on ShootClay!

What area's are you prepared to travel too and where from?Weston Wood, Westfield, Hornet, Wyle Valley, are all great grounds, and are nearer to the midlands than Southdown. Infact two of the ground owners are members of this forum.

I'm in Leicestershire so this is a good one for me to help on!There is in no particular order- Kibworth, grange farm, sporting targets, Northampton, kegworth, doveridge, Weston wood, newbold and many more non registered smaller grounds. You have a good area! Also your way would be Kingsley moor which is a nice setting but usually a bit soft. Hope that helps!

thanks for that, i have shot all those grounds in the past and they are all good. I just fancy having a change and we've not been up to the midlands for years so wondered what was about. We are on the Kent/Sussex border so are close to the M25 for easy access to all routes.

Hello Ed, thanks for the info, I'm not sure if you remember me but we stayed in the same hotel as you and your parents a few years ago in Prague for the fitasc and I have shot with you at southdown, its nice to see you doing so well.

Hi Phil,Don't forget Grimsthorpe in the east midlands, Mark puts on some fantastic fitasc shoots there as well as sporting. The next fitasc is 10th/11th Dec. and there is a 100 sporting on 27th Nov.Stewart

phil said:

We are on the Kent/Sussex border so are close to the M25 for easy access to all routes.
 Hey what about Greenfields of Canterbury once in a while, they are a proper set up with wooden log cabin, flush loos and drinks bar /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-smile.gif. Really good targets too with towers /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-cool.gif.  Abbey, Caterham, Horne, Dartford, JJ's and Keston must be within easy reach too, give me a shout if you fancy a meet up one day./wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-smile.gif

Hi phil, give me shout if your up my way having a shot and if I can get out will meet you for a sporting and a cuppa.

Another shooting couple - we might need a sub forum soon /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif Welcome, and hope we meet up on the circuit one day. Bob & Wendy

Greenfields sounds good i have not shot there for over ten years, do you ever shot southdown may be we can have a round of sporting.

Last edited by a moderator:
phil said:

Greenfields sounds good i have not shot there for over ten years, do you ever shot southdown may be we can have a round of sporting.
 Oh yes, I love Sarfdown/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-smile.gif, only trouble its 1 hour 50 minutes each way, will tap you next time I'm off there.

ok, that sounds fine. How often is Greenfields on? That is about an hours run for me. Let me know, it'll be good to meet up.

Trust me it's worth an hours drive. It's on every Sunday 9.30 - 12.00 last entries. 1st and 3rd feature comps, the rest tend to be practice, I'm so there this week /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif. If you do decide to come text me on 07507 672048 and we'll do a round together. 

Hi Phil. Have you tried Shuborough? Nice ground and under new ownership so doing quite a bit of work there to improve the layout's and a new club room. Shoots are every Saturday morning and from April every Wednesday evenings as well and a CPSA reg 100 bird every other Sunday. Hope thishelps. Malc

Latest posts

Back